carbi troubles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
Okay so the carbi is clean.

Valves good but it only runs good when on half choke. choke off and she dies in the arse when I WOT the throttle and also splutters when I roll the throttle.

Adjusting air/fuel mixture screw when choke is off doesn't change is. Nor the ideal screw.

Got me stumped. Maybe the jets? I don't have spares to check.

air leak, test the straightness of the carby and manifolds and new gaskets

Sounds like air getting in somewhere, spray some wd40 on the carb to intake and intake to head gaskets while running, if the revs die out or pick up then there must be an air leak.

I would say blocked jet. blow it all out with compressed air. The jet may be clean when you take it but the venturi could be dirty.

I would say blocked jet. blow it all out with compressed air. The jet may be clean when you take it but the venturi could be dirty.

+1 to that and also look through it up to the light if you see a light its clean if not then you have to find i tiny bit of wire... i used one strain from a bicycle brake cable

Air leaks usually makes them run lean. Over rev and not idle low.
One other thing to depending on what engine you have. Some engine tunes require an air filter to be on.

THERE ARE NO AIR LEAKS
GASKETS OKAY
AIR FILLTER ON
TIMING IS OKAY SO ARE VALVES

HAS STARTED TO OVER REV ON FULL CHOKE AND MIDDLE CHOKE BUT ON NO CHOKE WHEN I OPEN THROTTLE IT DIES

CANT EVEN GET AN IDLE SPPED OR SOUND OUT OF IT

PS SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK MY SHIFT KEY IS STUCK ON

OKAY. SO WHEN in GEAr THE BIKE RUN OKAY boggs down abit when I GIVE IT Some buT WHEN I ROLL THE THROTTLE ON ITS OKAY STILL PLUTTERS THOUGH AND I CAnT NOT GET IT TO IDEL

ITS A CrF

YEAH MAN

I TOOK OFF THE AIRFILLTER AND CHECKED

HAS GOT ME STUMPED

SOUNDS LIKE ITS AN AIRLEAK BUT NO BUBBLE CoME UP WHEN I SQUIT IT WITH WD AND SOAPY WATER

There won't be bubbles as air is getting sucked in not blown out. Is there any change in revs when spraying wd around the manifold and carb. Are you spraying the top of the carb aswell and are your exhaust bolts done up tight, check for gasket between pipe and head. Also is it old fuel, have you tried a new plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
sounds like the Pilot jet is blocked still, or the air gallery that feeds it

when you cleaned it out, did you blow compressed air into the 2x small ports at the air filter end of the carby?

new fuel, no change on revs when I spray it. havnt checked the gasket between exhaust and head.

I don't have compressed air to blow the cabi out.

Latest posts

Back