Carbon fiber tank fabrication (Brendo, MY67??? Whos first at it?)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm half way though. A few weeks and it should be done. It's so much more work than you would think!!!

I only had a quick squiz through and the two words that come to mind are, **** that.
I'll have a full read when I get home but like Bean said there is so much work involved that people don't understand unless they see or do it themselves and I only did a cover, Bean mate I feel your pain but the end result nearly makes it all worth while haha.
Thanks for sharing Timeeh.

Yeah I would guess I'm at about 40hrs and that's just making the plug. Mine has been so hard because I didn't have a shape to start with. I basically started with a block of foam and just started carving. Once I had a shape that I was happy with then I had to cover it in bog block it back then prime it sand it smooth then put on a few coats of 2pac.
uge2ybat.jpg
y7yve4uz.jpg
vy3eqa6y.jpg
9asupebu.jpg
ty4eny4e.jpg
yva2ymyt.jpg

Looks neat! as bean :) , keep us updated with info and pictures :)

Managed to find these little guys last week. They are the thread inserts for the shroud bolts and fuel tap.
4epy8a9a.jpg
e2ynu6ys.jpg

^So how do you put em in? Do you have to make the mould with them in place or are they some sort of screw in mechanisim?

they would need to be inserted (with a antisieze coated bolt) as you are laying up the fibreglass/carbon/resin
then they wont be going anywhere once it cures

Once the tank halves are made they will be bonded in from the inside. Then the tank halves will be bonded together. It's science lol

Latest posts

Back