carby issues HELP. Reving to hard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wassaby69

Reaction score
Hello
I am having dramas with my tdr 125cc pit bike. It has a 26mm Mikuni Carby and i had to clean it due to having old fuel in it and the fuel in went off and green, So after i cleaned it i put it back on the bike and now it revs really really high. I have played around with the jet screw on the side but it makes no difference how many times i turn it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Regards Bj

I'm no mechanic but check that the throttle slide isn't to high. Take the air cleaner of to check, you might not have seated the cable correctly?

hey man for starters what screw were you playing with the one on the side or underneath? the screw on the side controlls your idle while the one underneath controls the air mixture, the jets are inside the float bowl at the bottom have you made sure to blow out the jets clean? they cannot have any residue or sand in them, also another thing you should check is if you have installed the needle correctly pull it back appart and double check everything :)

Sounds like the slide has been put back in incorrectly, pull the air filter off and check if the slide is all the way down

that usaly is going to be a air flow problem. does it have the stock in box air filter? or is it a screen filter directly out of the carb?

as rotn50 has posted,
remove the top of the carby, lift the cable/slide out make sure the cutout is on the intake/air filter side of the carby.
and slip the slide back in, do up the top etc.

and let us know how you went.

it will probably need adjusting still, to set the correct idle speed now that you have adjusted the screws...

hey man for starters what screw were you playing with the one on the side or underneath? the screw on the side controlls your idle while the one underneath controls the air mixture, the jets are inside the float bowl at the bottom have you made sure to blow out the jets clean? they cannot have any residue or sand in them, also another thing you should check is if you have installed the needle correctly pull it back appart and double check everything :)

the one on the side, cant really get to the one undernealth, How do you install the needle correctly?? I just screwed it back in. Is there a method of this?

By the sounds of it you have taken the rev screw out (the one on the side) then screwed it all the way in? Keep unscrewing it until your revs drop. It should have a spring on it so it holds its position when set to the right idle. That's my guess at what's going on. Or your throttle cable is not seated in the top of your carb properly.?

Last edited:
By the sounds of it you have taken the rev screw out (the one on the side) then screwed it all the way in? Keep unscrewing it until your revs drop. It should have a spring on it so it holds its position when set to the right idle. That's my guess at what's going on. Or your throttle cable is not seated in the top of your carb properly.?

Bingo i had that screw in too far. Now my problem is that it revs higher when i put the clutch in.

Last edited:
cancel that. all good the screw was the drams, runs awsome now. Thanks to all

+1 for me, think simple first that's what I do, does that mean I'm simple? Haha

+1 for me, think simple first that's what I do, does that mean I'm simple? Haha

Yeah brendo you simple haha, but smart simple, there's a difference mate:D

Last edited:
MY Bike once revved ridiculously high when I split an intake gasket, check for air leaks to while your at it man!

Latest posts

Back