Carby / Jetting settings for your bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump
pitbikekid we need a report once you've fine tuned the 155z
woggy would be good to hear from you too seeing as your running a bigger engine than anyone in this thread, having a broken collarbone should give you plenty of time to fine tune the beast

^^^ yeah i think the OKO26 uses the same jets no matter what it's in... i've so far tried the OKO 26 with 36 pilot and 98 main in the Blitz, the 140, the thumpy and now the zonger125 in the miniblitz, all ran perfectly from idle to redline, all on the same jetting....

versatile much?

haha yeh.... i mean i had a 100 main in it, but it snapped when removing it from the carby to clean. i had a 102 lying round and threw that in.. ran the same if not better.

Had a tinker with the new 160 today, even tho it ran fine with the 36 / 96 settings from my 140 it was a bit lean so now it's running nice and tan on the plug.

Bike model:Custom KLX china

Engine Model and capacity: YX160

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: stock as a rock

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO PWK 26mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : 36 / 102 needle clip in the middle

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): melbourne west suburbs

yer i decied to change my 100 main to a 102 and was about to go riding when i realised i had a flat (f@#$ing c@#!) ao off to spend money i dont have tomoz :D

Bike model: ciniworx 150

Engine Model and capacity: zongshen 175cc ceramic cylinder yet to measure exact

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: stock

Carby model and Internal Diameter:Keihen pe26

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : 38pilot 125main

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): south east melboure

Bike model: same as above

Engine Model and capacity: lifan 150

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: bog stock

Carby model and Internal Diameter:mulkt 24mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :mikuni stock pilot 102main will run on any motor you can go up to a 110-112 main on a 150 depending on the weather

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc):as above

Bike model: ciniworx cxf 90

Engine Model and capacity: lifan 86cc

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: manifold match

Carby model and Internal Diameter: genuine mikuni 22mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :15 pilot 90main

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): as above

Bike model: 04 Thumpstar HungeTen

Engine Model and capacity: FYM110

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Stock mechanicals, 24mm 360 degree polished manifold, 32-40mm big bore pipe, elliptical muffler

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Can't tell for certain, but going by the packaging it's a Thai made Keihin PE-24 with cable operated choke and velocity stack. (Box it came in was marked with Honda branding, and had "Genuine Honda Replacement Parts" tamper-identification stickers, and it's marked with Keihin part and serial numbers. god knows...

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : K#36 pilot (runs same pilot jet style as Keihin/OKO/KOSO/PWK FCR style pilots. Main Jet i believe to be a 112. Round style head main jet. Needle on bottom clip.

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): rAdelaide

OKO 26mm Interesting Fact.

ok so the OKO 26mm Flatslide is regarded as a pretty versatile carby...

Over the months since i've had mine, i've had it on a couple of different bikes, and found it to work very very well....

Had a bit more shed time lately, so thought out of curiosity, i'd try it on everything i have...
Engines are as follows:
FYM110
Ducar 125 4 spd auto e start
Zonger 125 start in neutral
Lifan 140 worked off tits
Zongshen 250cc upright Gen I stock with big bore pipe
Zongshen 250cc upright Gen II stock with small bore pipe
Loncin Gen III L/C 250cc upright mild breathing mods, port matched, custom 32mm intake manifold, shorty muffler

I've fitted the 26mm oko to every one of these engines, using the same jetting, which was a K#36 pilot jet, JJH needle and K#98 main.

EVERY engine ran seamlessly from idle to redline, and EVERY engine experienced marked performance increases, both in power, torque, throttle response, and sadly exhaust volume.. Even the little 110 and the stock 125's...

I've come to the conclusion that the OKO 26mm Flatslide, is like a perky pair of 10D's... perfect in every situation...
What astounded me, was that NO jetting alterations were required for ANY of the engines, ranging from a bog stock 110cc horizontal, to a mildly worked 250cc upright with plenty of breathing mods.

China, we thank thee for thy bounty.. :D

TEMPLATE:

Bike model: Ciniworx 05' 125

Engine Model and capacity: Zongshen 125

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods:Stock
Carby model and Internal Diameter: Molkt 26mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :Mikuni Flat round main, Mikuni VM pilot (The long Skinny one)

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc):Sea level, Melbourne
Main Jet: 97.5
Pilot jet: 20
Air Screw: 1 1/4 turns out
Needle Clip: #3 (Middle groove)
Float level: 19.5mm (Measured to the steel bar when flipped upside down)
Spark Plug: CR7HSA (Resistor plug seems to work better)
Inlet Clearance : 0.076mm (0.003)
Exhaust Clearance: 0.102 (0.004)
Fuel: Caltex Vortex 98 Octane (Different brands give different results, Shell Optimax burns richer)
These seem to work best when ridden on pipe the whole time with high revs and a hot engine on a motard track, for dirt or when I don't feel like riding hard, or extremely hot weather I run
Main jet: 95
Needle clip #4 ( 1 up from middle)

Both of these settings give me a nice coffee brown plug everytime.
Ps. Its taken about 25 goes to find this and 4 complete strip downs to get to this stage.
Pps. I when carby is new strip it down before you even use it, you will be amazed at the crap that comes out of them. So you have a good base to work from.

[Bike model:
07 crf50 stock exhaust

Engine Model and capacity:
was the stock engine 49cc

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods:
TB stage 3 88kit with race head, high flow oil pump, TB CDI, TB High performance race camshaft, TB Race Head

Carby model and Internal Diameter:
20mm sheng wey, TB airfilter 1st layer

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :
sheng wey jets and TB jets standerd jet specs atm

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc)
VIC>Melboure>melton, sea level

cheers carbs isnt a strong point of mine but if yous could give a ruff setting for me i can work from there thanks...

Bike model:crf50 style BSE model

Engine Model and capacity:Z155 BBK 65 x 59 (bore & stroke) 196cc

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: mild port, stock cam, large china exhaust, compression unknown (not real high tho)

Carby model and Internal Diameter:28mm OKO, uni filter (DHZ package)

JJH needle clip 2nd from bottom, 39 pilot (mixture about 1.5-2 turns), 110 hex main..(main needs final tune)

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc):northside brisbane, roughly sea level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bike model:crf70 style BSE model

Engine Model and capacity:yx150 BBK 65 x 59 (bore & stroke) 196cc

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: heavily ported, stock cam, large china exhaust, compression unknown (better than above)

Carby model and Internal Diameter:genuine Keihin 28mm (yz/kx85 model) machined to 29mm, uni filter

JJK needle 2nd clip from top, 50 pilot (1 3/4 turns on mixture) 110 main (runs lean up top), extra 1mm hole drilled in bottom of emulsion tube(to fix dead spot), mixture circuit to emulsion drilled to 0.6mm

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc):northside brisbane, roughly sea level.

hey sean i think its time you get some footage of these 196cc beasts running

Bike model: CRF style midsize, custom build.

Engine Model and capacity: Lifan 150

Engine Spec: stock

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 26mm Flatslide

Jetting specs and Jet Type used: K36 Pilot, K98 Main

Area you live, and general altitude: Adelaide Hills

Latest posts

Back