Carby / Jetting settings for your bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
140 with the PE26 Keihin is running a 36 pilot and 97 main, and Sneezy's 140 with the OKO26 is running, wait for it, 36 pilot and 97 main....
Both carbies run Keihin style pilots and mains...

hey thump is this a knock off keihin?
pe's run round jets.... are you saying this pe26 is using hex head 97?

nope, my bad, you're right, it runs round head in the PE26... typo..

Bike model:crf50 2008

Engine Model and capacity:tb88cc

Engine Spec - : tb 88 kit, racehead, performance cdi, hd oil pump and clutch, fast 50 pipe

Carby model : 20mm sheng wey

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin ) : 35 stock pilot, 87 main, 1 & 1/4 turns on mix, needle clip in the middle

: adelaide, sea level?

Last edited:
Bike model: DHZ DPRO 160

Engine Model and capacity: 155z

Engine Spec - stock

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO Flatside 26mm

Jetting specs used: #36 pilot jet, #100 main jet, needle circlip middle groove

Bike model: 04 Thumpstar HungeTen

Engine Model and capacity: FYM110

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Stock mechanicals, 24mm 360 degree polished manifold, 32-40mm big bore pipe, elliptical muffler

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Can't tell for certain, but going by the packaging it's a Thai made Keihin PE-24 with cable operated choke and velocity stack. (Box it came in was marked with Honda branding, and had "Genuine Honda Replacement Parts" tamper-identification stickers, and it's marked with Keihin part and serial numbers. god knows...

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : K#36 pilot (runs same pilot jet style as Keihin/OKO/KOSO/PWK FCR style pilots. Main Jet i believe to be a 112. Round style head main jet. Needle on bottom clip.

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): rAdelaide

Hey man, I found out this carby uses different jets then the full genuine PE24 or maybe just a different main. Do you know what model jets I need to buy? Just bought one of these kits off ebay. Cheers

Bike model: DHZ Dpro

Engine Model and capacity: z160ho

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: stock as a rock

Carby model and Internal Diameter: 26mm oko flatty

Jetting specs and Jet Type used: keihin 36 pilot , 102 main , jjh needle middle clip , mixture screw 1 1/4 turns out

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): Illawarra (just above sea level)

Last edited:
Bike model: CRF50 mash up

Engine Model and capacity: yx140

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods:28mm exhaust, ooracing ork

carby model and Internal Diameter: 26mm oko flatty

Jetting specs and Jet Type used: 36 pilot , 96 main , jjh needle middle clip , mixture screw 1 1/4 turns out

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): Wellington NZ just above sea level, but ride up to 150m above

Runs MINT

Bike Model: 08 Braaap Maestro
Engine Model and Capacity: Dirtmax YX 150
Engine Spec-Stock or Modified-List Mods: Port and Polished Head,NGK Racing Coil and lead (very good product makes a big differance)Iridium Plug CR6HIX yes not 7 the bike runs better with the 6, Big bore exhaust
Carby Model and Internal Diameter: VM24,uni-filter and a short inlet
Jetting Specs and Jet type used:97.5 main jet some may say thats not enough but built this bike for my stepson he is 12 and still coming to terms with the extra power and only use this bike for track use. Slow jet is 22.5 at 1 1/4 turns out and 2nd top groove on needle, the spark plug is a perfect color.
Area you live: Tasmania at sea level.

Bike Model: Ciniworx Expert 08
Engine Model and Capacity: YX150
Engine Spec-Stock or Modified-List Mods;Port and Polished Head,Dirtmax cam higher lift than stock, stronger valve springs (this is my bike i muck around with i rev it hard and have broke a standard one:mad:, Big bore exhaust, stronger clutch plates and springs,NGK Race Coil and Lead, CR7hix Iridium Plug
Carby Model and Internal Diameter: OKO 26mm Flatside and short inlet and uni-filter.
Jetting Specs and Jet-Type Used:100 main jet, 36slow jet, 1 1/2 turns out and middle groove on needle
Area You Live: Tasmania at sea level

Bike Model: Aarvi Pocket bike (looks like a R1 road bike)
Engine Model and Capacity: Lifan 110
Engine Spec-Stock or Modified-List Mods: TB 114 Big Bore Kit with Race Cam, Race Head ported and polished , Billet Clutch Setup, Big Bore exhaust, TB Race CDI,NGK Race Coil and Lead.
Carby Model and Internal Diameter:OKO 24mm on a front facing inlet and uni-filter.
Jetting Specs and Jet-Type Used:98 main jet and 34 slow jet.
Area You Live: Tasmania at sea level.
(This bike never fails to put a smile on my face when i ride it we ride it on our 2km gravel driveway or in one of our flat paddocks GREAT FUN FLATOUT HA HA)

The last bike
Bike Model:Atomik 07
Engine Model and Capacity: YX 140
Engine Spec- Stock or Modified-List Mods: Port and Polished Head, NGK Race Coil and Lead, Big Bore exhaust, CR7HIX Iridium,(i want to do more to this engine but this is my wifes bike and was lucky i talked her around to do the things i have done but she is very happy with the result.)
Carby Model and Internal Diameter: VM24,short inlet and uni-filter.
Jetting Specs and Jet-Type Used:97main jet 17.5 slow jet
Area You Live: Tasmania at sea level.

Last edited:
Hey lads,

I'm currently still trying to tune my carby for the GPX 155z with 178cc bore kit and v2 head.

The carby I have is an OKO 30mm.

I had a squiz at your setup Sean but don't think it will be quite right for my setup. Has anyone got a jetting, needle and fuel/air mixture setup that would make a good start?

Bike model:Custom crf-50 style, alloy frame

Engine Model and capacity:GPX/Zongshen, 155z(155.7cm3)

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods:155z, tb high comp piston, tb v2 head, 26mm oko, decomp option.

Carby model and Internal Diameter:OKO 26mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :Main 98, idle 34, needle clip middle position, keihin jets

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): NTH QLD, sea level

Last edited:
Bike model:Custom crf-50 style, alloy frame

Engine Model and capacity:GPX/Zongshen, 155z(155.7cm3)

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods:155z, tb high comp piston, tb v2 head, 26mm oko, decomp option.

Carby model and Internal Diameter:OKO 26mm

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :Main 98, idle 34, needle clip middle position, keihin jets

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): NTH QLD, sea level

wow with those mods i cant believe that that tune would be nice to run.. very under mained, too small of pilot and middle position on the clip.. none of it makes sense.. those settings are even well under a stock engines requirements..
my engine is very similar and i currently run an oko30mm with 104 main, 39 pilot and needle full raised..

Bike model: Atomik Fuse

Engine Model and capacity: 150cc Lifan, 1P56FMJ

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Stock, big bore exhaust

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Oko 26mm D Slide with oiled Uni Filter

Jetting specs and Jet Type used : K38 Pilot jet, K105 Hex Main jet, mixture screw set to 2 turn's out

Area you live, and general altitude; South Australia, ride at sea level and about 200m above

Bike model: Braaap Pro Factory 190F Anima (YCF SP3)

Engine Model and capacity: 190F Daytona Anima, 190cc 4V

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Standard, match ported inlet manifold

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 26mm D Slide, oiled Uni Filter

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : K45 Pilot jet, K110 Hex Main jet, mixture screw 2 turn's out

Area you live, and general altitude ; South Australia, ride at sea level and about 200m above

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Standard, match ported inlet manifold

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Polini PWK28 D Slide (28mm bore), oiled Uni Filter

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : K45 Pilot jet, K110 Hex Main jet, mixture screw 2 turn's out

Area you live, and general altitude ; South Australia, ride at sea level and about 200m above

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 30mm D Slide, oiled Uni Filter

Bike model .. motovert type r
Engine model and capacity .. 160ho, 184cc
Engine spec-stock or modified-list mods modified, 184cc bbk, takagawa +r superhead.
Carby model and internal diameter keihin pe28, 28mm
Jetting specs and jet type k40 pilot, k115 hex main jet, mixture screw 2 3/4 turns out.
Area you live, general altitude. beetaloo valley south aus, unsure of altitude.

Bike model psto tl
Engine model and capacity 160ho, 184cc
Engine spec-stock or modified-list mods modified, tb 184 bbk, tb v2 race head, ti retainers, taki coil
Carby model and internal diameter keihin pe28, 28mm
Jetting specs and jet type used k42 pilot jet, k118 hex main jet, 2 1/4 turns out on mixture screw
Area you live, beetaloo valley south aus

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Bike model: Atomik Fuse

Engine Model and capacity: 150cc Lifan, 1P56FMJ

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Stock, big bore exhaust

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Oko 26mm D Slide with oiled Uni Filter

Jetting specs and Jet Type used : K38 Pilot jet, K105 Hex Main jet, mixture screw set to 2 turn's out

Area you live, and general altitude; South Australia, ride at sea level and about 200m above

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 26mm D Slide, oiled Uni Filter

Carby model and Internal Diameter: Polini PWK28 D Slide (28mm bore), oiled Uni Filter

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 30mm D Slide, oiled Uni Filter

how does the oko 30mm go compared to the pwk28
thanks

Bike model: Dhz outlaw mini motard

Engine Model and capacity: daytona 190f

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: stock and stock timming and rev limiter

Carby model and Internal Diameter: OKO 30mm with oiled uni filter

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) :K48 pilot, K120 main jet, needle clip bottom richest setting

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): Melbourne Australia 30m

Notes: setting is rideable on ashpalt track but cant snap the throttle open to quickly (tested lamans go kart track)

Last edited:
Does it rev hang when you release the throttle or go bwoah when you flick the throttle? Rev hang indicates it being lean, and a deep hesitation off idle (as in a deeper exhaust note combined with an unwillingness to rev) indicates being rich.

Being on the bottom clip on the needle would suggest you need to go up on the main jet, and given im running a 120 main with a 28mm carb, it stands to reason you need slightly larger main jet in your 2mm larger carb..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Bike model: Yamaha XTZ125E (Same thing as a TTR125 but different plastics and rims)

Engine Model and capacity: Same engine as a TTR125, 125cc, 54x54 bore & stroke.

Engine Spec - stock or modified - list mods: Engine is all stock. Bolt on mods only, Racing Coil, High tension wire, slip on pipe, Carb and pod filter.

Carby model and Internal Diameter: 24mm Nibbi Racing Carb.

Jetting specs and Jet Type used (Keihin or Mikuni) : 30pilot, 85main. Needle clip is on the 2nd from the top, about 2 turns out. Same jettings as a keihin. (Testing set-up out, used to be a 40pilot and 85main with the leanest clip ran ok was rich low-mid and lean WOT)

Area you live, and general altitude (sea level, desert, highlands etc): About 500ft above SL nothing really. And is mostly around 85*C when tunning

Latest posts

Back