Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryggvi

Reaction score
Carby Leaking Fuel :(

Hello, I´m new here and new to mini's. I just bought a Terra Moto Krusha 125 off my friend and i bought it cause i rode it before i bought it and i loved it and it worked really well. After i got it i had it for a couple of weeks and it worked fine but then just last week i noticed my carby is leaking and i don't know if it's normal or not :( so the carby only leaks at the bottom of the float bowl and there is a screw there and if i unscrew it gas leaks out but when i screw it back in only little drops come out, it only leaks when the bike isn't running. I don't know much about mini's and i don't want to do anything to ruin the bike :(

it's similar to this photo but not the same carby, gas leaks out at the bottom of the float bowl but i don't have a tube there. please help :(

Minkuni_26mm_Carb_logo.jpg

Last edited:
Try just giving it a few taps with a screw driver, Sometimes the floats can get stuck open a little.

My moneys on the float seal not seated properly... remove the float bowl and make sure the rubber seal is sitting in the slot correctly.

i had the same problem just clean the carby out man there is some gasket goo might of got stuck on the float bowl fixed the problem for me tell me if it works.. :)

either that little screw u screw in isnt good maybe get a slightly larger one .. or get the carb off and take ur floats off and clean the rail the floats sit on check for burrs rough spots and take ur floats and put them in a bucket of water see if u see any bubbles if u do and they sink then ur flots are junk . if they float and dont produce bubbles ur good .. then clean the float jet and the hole it sits in .. and re assemble and should be good take ur time do it right keep track and ull be ok

As well as checking all the above things . Get a long piece of clear plastic tube , attach it to the drain spigot on the float bowl , loop it upwards and attach it to the carb or frame somewhere . Any fuel that leaks past the drain screw will get trapped in the line and it can only go up as high as the float bowl fuel level .

The fuel in the line will also serve as an external float level indicator . The fuel level should be lower than the parting line between the carb body and float bowl . Most carbs have a specified float bowl fuel level . IF you have no specs , adjust the tab on the float arm until it looks right and the engine runs good everywhere ...

I took the carby off and opened it up and everything looks normal except for a little goo, cleaned that off and checked everything and nothing looked out of place so i put it back together and it worked fine after that. thanks for the help :D

that goo sounds like old fuel , it would have been sticking the float open and thats why you had a problem..

Latest posts

Back