Carby Position

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwerty243

Reaction score
im halfway through installing a OKO carby to my bike but because of the frame and engine mount its on a 70 degree angle instead of vertical (90 degree's)

Is this a problem ? i have the feeling it might make the fuel level go out of wack..
has anyone ever installed a carby on an angle ?
:fumeur7:

Yeah i should be getting it running tonight so i guess ill see.
i was just curious if anybody else is running a carb like that...

took it for a ride today didnt have any problems. pretty sweet considering its a 30mm on a stock egine.
carb really makes the top end come alive its freakin awesome probably only got it wide open in 5th two or three times..

5th gear? most mini's have only 4 unless your running a older engine? whats your gear pattern? also if it has the right jetting it will make huge difference in throttle response... you would need to post a pic up of the problem your having to help people understand whats goin on... also 30mm? on what size engine? cause i have a 150cc atomik and 26mm is perfect for it..

5th gear? most mini's have only 4 unless your running a older engine? whats your gear pattern? also if it has the right jetting it will make huge difference in throttle response... you would need to post a pic up of the problem your having to help people understand whats goin on... also 30mm? on what size engine? cause i have a 150cc atomik and 26mm is perfect for it..

Its a xmotos xb-30, 250cc its definitely 1 down 4 up. im starting to think the pilot jet might be bit off, low throttle just seems really "doughy" but ill have to take it for another ride and also make sure im dont have any air leaks first. jets are 36 and 100.
im at work at the moment but basicly because the carbs tucked up quite high the slide is hitting a cross member in the frame stopping it for being completely upright.

if the carby is on an angle the fuel leaks out i thought? mine did haha

yeah when i lean my bike heavily to the left fuel comes out off the overflow lol.. i figured i could make a stopper out of some fuel line ?

get yourself a 39 or 40 pilot.. main should be ok..

dont block off the over flow tubes... fuel will always come out on severe angles...

can use one of these if you want to get the carby away from the frame, I got one with my engine:

Red Engine Adaptor Plate

CARB-003.jpg

, does work but didn't need it in the end, but a slight angle is fine, I've been running my OKO on the 178 like that for a while.

Here a pic.

Picture.jpg

somewhat dodgey lol the adaptor that came from dhz wasnt compatible with my engine mount so essentially its held there by epoxy and silicone and the hose clamp, dodgey but it gets the job done.

As you can see the actuall problem is that the engine mount and adoptor is too long. if it was 3 or 4cm shorter i wouldnt have a problem. so the red adaptor wont help :/

I did have an air leak so thats fixed ill see how she runs on the weekend..
how many turns is the fuel screw meant to be out ?

Latest posts

Back