carby Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
ok well after i checked my valve clearances and moved the slide needle clip up to the middle my bike still seams really boggy u really need to rev the crap out of it to get it to run it dosnt idle for long and if it stalls it seams hard to start and keep running what could it be

Move the needle back would be the first thing I would do...

Was it running like shit before you started playing with it?

remember there are 2 TDC...did you make sure the rocker arms weren't moving when you set em.
I'm having similar problems though with my carb but mine seems to run too lean and eventually backfires occasionally, pain in the ass adjusting it all the time lol i should buy a decent carb :p

but anyway have you tried the air-fuel screw? and for idling the idle screw?

i have a mikuni carb and i carnt seam to find the air mixture screw or idle screw and yer i know there are 2 tdc's i was on the correct one

idle screw is on the kick start side of the carb and the mix screw is under the carb at the front of the bowl

the mixture is at the back when its on the bike and the idel screws the big out out the front that's pretty hard to miss :)

well i just went to the shed to look at the carb and the only screws that are on it are the four on the bottom for the float bowl and one on the side which is wound all the way in

yeh man the mixture screw is a b!tch to get to. to access it you will need to take the carb off unfortunately. Or get a carb spinner.

Can someone clarify which way you turn the mixture screw to lean/richen the mixture on the fake mikuni's please coz it seems to be different to normal carbs...?

there has to be a mix screw under the carb at the front and the idle screw will be where i said...

maybe time for a pic of yr carb and we can edit the pic to point out where they are

i found the screws so ill play with 2moz and i need to pull the manifold off and clean it up coz its pretty ulgy and its got heaps of cast still left in it would cleaning up the manifold make a differance

Hey sean my fuel screw is turned fully in at the moment. It runs best there too. Smaller pilot?

Latest posts

Back