Carby Pull Down And Rebuild Tutorial

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASR Rider

Reaction score
Guys, your bike running crap, not normal, bogs out, won't start these can all be symptoms of a dirty Carburetor. Follow my directions and you won't have a problem. The video is completely narrated to every detail. Even if your bike is fine a clean carb is always better for your engine and performance, so give it go!!

Here it is: YouTube - Carby Pull Down, Clean And Rebuild

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BakwC3VoEGo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy Guys.

ASR Rider

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you make it so when you pull the carby off the engine, fuel doesnt go everywhere

block it off with some PK

Lol pk. Well to stop the flow of fuel, if your tank has a fuel tap, just turn that off. If not, you need to just use a set of locking plyers or similar to kink the hose that feeds to carby. Then undo the drain screw on the bottom of the carby and drain all the fuel out of your float bowl. After doing that there shouldnt be much fuel left in it.

Good Video, really helpful.

I was about to close the window and then i seen a burnout happening and i was like.....Sweeeeet.:p

Cool, i rekon ill rek my carby if i try that

If i could add to this. If it is your first time, Make sure you remember what way you floats go in when you take them out. If the floats are upside down; the bike will run like crap and cough and splutter like its always running out of fuel. Just a little tip, Because that is what I did on my first time.

is it recommended to use "clean" tools and do it in a dust free place?

yeah, I'm going to try clean mine, it doesn't want to really start like it used to :(

I think when I went riding when it was Bucketing down with rain and was a muddy hell i think a bit of mud n' what not got through the air filter. none the less, I'll find out when i get around to cleaning it.:)

or water got in the carby, water doesn't burn so it makes it hard to start, choke, splutter and gutless etc...if you need help thats why we are here :)

incase the same thing happens to someone else:

i pulled my carby apart and cleaned it etc, put it back together and put it on the bike.
when i turned the fuel on fuel started pooring out of the overflow tube, i check the screw was done up on the fuel bowl and it was so i was like "what tha fuuu..."

anyways i read around on the net and everyone said it was probably cause by the floats not working, so i pulled it apart again, jiggled the floats around and tried it again and it worked perfectly! :)

thanks for tutorial ASR, extremely helpful

Great work easy to follow instructions, thanks for the video. My bike’s back to running without any coughing and spluttering again.

well on my bike there is a little screw on the bottom of the carby if u turn it on the fule drains out of the over flow hose

I know its a 2 yr old thead but ya bike bogging and al the rest can also be cause by the little needle in the carb that regulates how much fuels coming can be not seating properly either because dirt is around the seal or the seal is worn out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tutorial.

Bought my son a little 110cc bike at the start of the week. Loncin motor. Generally starts first kick with the choke on full then takes a couple of minutes to warm up. It will then idle away for hours.

I took him for his first ride yesterday and against my better judgment used fuel from a tank I had sitting in the garage for the last 8-9 months. The poor little bike would start but just splutter away.

I had to push it way back up the hill I had just rolled it down. It nearly killed me.

This morning I drained the tank, replaced the plug and still had no joy.

I had a look at the tutorial and thought this might be the answer.

There was a small amount of, I dont know what so I'll call it matter, on the end of the little pin the floats are attached to. I pulled out the jets etc. and cleaned them but they all looked fine.

Thanks to the tutorial my sons little bike is running just as well, if not better, than it was before.

He had his first ride today and was a little bit scared of the power but took it all in his stride. He is only 6.

Great site. Great info.:action-smiley-033:

Thanks

Logic

As i was taking out my screws(main, 2nd, and air fuel) I noticed a spring but dont know where it came from Pleasee Help!!I Need To Know Where It Came From.

Latest posts

Back