Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey carlts sik ride mate, the work and effort is well worth it from were i sit, i ran the same castrol 4t mineral oil, but being in townsville i thought i would experiment with synthetic even though i was told not to due to clutch probs, but i am now running Royal Purple Max-cycle 20w50 in my gpx 155z which is specifically for wet motorcycle clutches and have noticed that my bike did run a little better and doesnt get as hot and last longer than standard oil, and i have kept an eye on it over the last 7 hours and have had no probs, but the stuff is expensive, being so hot up here my oil would boil sometimes and blow out the crank breather. Mate your rig is exceptional and you should be congratulated and 30mins later and 25 pages i enjoyed every bit.

^^^ Haha awesome man, thanks for taking the time, there was a lot of dribble and rookie-ness early on, but we all start somewhere! hope others can learn from my mistakes :D

As for the oil, that does sound interesting? keep us updated on how it goes man, I might try some myself if it keeps working a treat. Early on I had problems with overheating, but turned out my carb was jetted a bit lean, and after richening she's sweet!

Hey guys,

Had a blast 2 weekends ago, tried out the OKO 30mm, was noticeable punchier, but the tuning was way off :(

Anyone run an OKO 30mm on a v2 178/184 Zonger?? if so what jetting and needle position worked for you?

Cheers lads

i spoke to casey from DHZ the other day regarding the V2 on my 155 and he had all sorts of things to reccomend with jetting ang leaning and richening the settings, maybe give him a quick call or even send him an email, ill PM ya his email carlts

Would be handy as mate!!

I am getting an iridium plug this week, just to rule out potential plug issues.
I have these jets atm, I am just thinking of maybe just buying a huge set and going through trial and error:

Main Jets

Pilot/Slow Jet

I seem to remember reading somewhere that for a main around a 110-112 should be about right, but dont take that as gospel....not to sure on the pilot though.

i run 105 and 38 in my pwk28 with the 184 kit
tried 110 for abit but was backfiring abit and shooting flames but might work on the oko30mm
maybe try 110/40?

A guy i know down here runs a V2 headed 184 with a oko30mm he runs 110/38 jet sizes but a dont know about which groove on the neddle sorry. I hope this helps Carlt.

go the lads, come on carlts you got a lead now, get it runnin.:jumping-smiley-011:

Thanks a ton for the feedback guys, one thing I didn't try was needle adjustment, it was on the middle clip so a bit stupid of me. I will go ahead and order say a 104, 106, 108, 110 ??

Shall see how I go xD

Thanks lads!

damn carlts nearly 30000 views of this build, wow

Wow yeah that is alot, I will get some footage put together for you all. I promise it won't be as boring or slow as my first edit :p

Ordered a bunch of jets for the OKO 30mm, I always have the 26mm to fall back on but will give this my best shot.

Got a bunch of other parts too:

- NGK Iridium C7HIX
- 3 x Kenda Carlsbad Tyres + Tubes (kudos phil)
- 3 x Levers (kudos phil)

Should come in handy for me spare parts bin!

The iridiums are a good plug mate, get plenty of time and great spark from them, and you can go extra hardcore cause you got bulk rubber hehe

Dont forget bar risers (tripple clamp) i would go with a bbr. And also some oversized footpegs always help with making the mini for comfortable for adult riders. BBR is a great place for finding parts for this type of build.

Well well, I am still around, and got to go on my first ride in months :) Pre-ride had to beef a few things up, noticed lower rear shock mount nut was missing, but thankfully due to the nature of the swingarm the bolt could go no where. Also had to get a new front clutch pivot bolt re-lathed.

Went to QLD Moto Park with a few mates and camped the Thursday and rode the Friday. Got some really good footage of the Enduro tracks (yes I am getting faster) and also got a spin of the big MX Track 1 for the first time.

Was an awesome couple of days and I will get an edit up before this weeks out!!!!

Latest posts

Back