Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry mate, i will only give some friendly advise. we are not site sponsors so i dont want to upset any one.

i really dont think the guys in charge will mind if you tell this guy the name of shop

they just dont want people coming on here saying how good there bikes are blah blah

so what do you plug the cdi into... the harness goes from the stator to the cdi...

we must have our wires crossed. the wires from the stator plug in to the loom and the loom plugs into the cdi and to the coil. the kill switch also plugs into the loom. in the pic you posted you can see the loom is a separate component and only comes with the engine if ordered separately.

i really dont think the guys in charge will mind if you tell this guy the name of shop

they just dont want people coming on here saying how good there bikes are blah blah

i would rather not say pbk. it causes too much drama. lets keep it on topic and help carlton with his build.

we must have our wires crossed. the wires from the stator plug in to the loom and the loom plugs into the cdi and to the coil. the kill switch also plugs into the loom. in the pic you posted you can see the loom is a separate component and only comes with the engine if ordered separately.

yeah i understand what your saying but without the loom (which should come with the engine) the engine is useless because it runs the cdi but yet you get the cdi with the engine...
actually come to think of it, im pretty sure russ sold the same deal...

but i spose this can happen if you dont buy direct from the pitster or factory or know what your ordering... harnesses are a couple of bucks from china so why not throw it in the box. :confused-smiley-013

and everyone he is from motorevo/yamoto in nerang (i think...)

anyways.. on with the build carlts....

Update:

Deposit has been made for custom graphics from Magik SC and I have sent the cusotm graphic form out. Next to buy is the frame, exhaust and handlebars....

your gonna be so happy with the stickers :) i'd recommend buying a new set of plastics from magik and getting them to apply the stickers. plus they sell good quality plastics at a decent price.

Hey rach ive got some plastics already on the way buit there chinas.... I was going to get an mx shop here in brissy to apply the stickers.... but yeah I considered getting plastics from them but I dont really wnat to fork out another 115 bucks :(

nice mate, did you end up buying the stand ??

Hey Billy
Cuz Im gonna order the frame, exhaust and bars hopefully today the stand is gonna have to wait till next pay day :)

but Im still getting one

Carlton

UPDATE:
just recieved the concept design for the graphics kit from magik SC and I am very impressed with the design... glad I went custom and I recommend without hesitation to go magik sc if your goin custom.

Got the DNM Hornets, seat, tank, plastics and a few pther pieces today... and I can say I am extrememly impresssed with the quality of the forks... also I finalized the purchase of the graphics so they should be here soon

Pics will be up when I get the frame and start to put the bike together :)

Heres some piccies of the parts. I was too lazy to unpack the first box again but it has a few random parts like seat, plastics, levers, kick starters, etc

The hornets are genuine and they have the dnm label on the sticker and the part id number thingy :D

Bought a crf70 style tank and t3 gas cap but the tank thread is too small for the cap :( will have to source a new cap ...

SDC18846.jpg

Hornets
SDC18847.jpg

Tank and Cap
SDC18848.jpg

Hey Guys an update on the build... recieved a whole lot of the parts and started to put my bike together to see how its going and lo and behold swinger problems:

FrameProblem.jpg

The swinger shock mount is too close the frame and as the picture shows it is angled majorly.... I have a dhz crf70 stlye frame and a 295mm DNM shock so its the swingers fault.

So if anyone has an alloy swingarm that would be suitable for this setup could they reply on here or give me a pm please cuz i need a swinger asap lol. Also the alloy swinger picture is for sale if any wants...

any help would be much much appreciated guys

Cheers
Carlton

hay dude... it's not that the shock mount is to close its that these frames use a swingarm that has a sunken mount as you can see in this pic !!

dpro140-03.jpg

truth mate... yeah cheers for that .... well im now looking for a swinger that has that same set up... everyone keep your eyes peeled lol

Email ken at dhz, and im sure you could buy one of those swingarms off the dhz crf70 style bike.

I got my DNM's from the same guy..... one of the fork legs had some extremely minor scuff marks on them, no problem with them though.

Latest posts

Back