Carltons Custom 155z crf70 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlts

Certified Computer Nerd
Reaction score
UPDATE April 2013:
If you want to skip all the pages and see the finished product,
just click the image link below:

Otherwise carry on....

Step 1:Clean Garage

1CleanGarage.jpg

The parts I've got so far:
14" front 12" rear wheel set, with rim lock
Billet Blue Hub, Black Alloy RIm, 32 SS HD spokes
14" front Kenda Carlsbad tyre
12" rear dunlop tyre
2Wheels.jpg

DNM MTG-rc 290mm adjustable shock (compression & rebound)
4Shock.jpg

HD Alloy Swingarm (may to need to buy longer swinger, but see how it goes)
3Swinger.jpg

Other bits and pieces inlcude:
billet throttle
oil cooler
manifold adapter
gaskets
5Parts.jpg

I've ordered the following parts and there still in transit:

GPX 155z engine with Pitster Pro dress up kit
DNM M200 735mm Forks with clamps
ASV copy levers
crf70 tank
crf70 seat
crf70 white plastics
26mm Molkt Carby
Bash Plate
Chain Guard
Forged Kickstart
all of the Electrics
Gas Cap
Magnetic Drain Plug
Fuel Filter

Still to order:
crf70 frame
crf70 exhaust
pro taper bars
Chain
pro taper grips
high tensile bolts all round
Front & Rear Brake Kit

Last edited:
Reactions: pbk
should be a good buil mate, look forward to seeing the end result

Cheers mate
gonna do the final order this week... just don't know where to get the brakes as revmx hasn't returned any emails.

Carlton

yeah i think he's gone out of business, i would just stick with dhz

i think i just jizzed over those rims + hubs were can you get those from?

or was it off ebay

where did ya buy the forks and clamps from? they should come with brakes..

and same goes for the wiring.. the engine should come with it all as the z155 runs a different cdi setup so maybe the only things you would need is coil and kill switch.

and those rims look like china products so they may or may not have hd spokes. (gamble)

what diameter rear disk are you running? pitster pro rear brakes or even the gpx should fit..

but yeah the build is gonna look sweet...

where did ya buy the forks and clamps from? they should come with brakes..

and same goes for the wiring.. the engine should come with it all as the z155 runs a different cdi setup so maybe the only things you would need is coil and kill switch.

and those rims look like china products so they may or may not have hd spokes. (gamble)

what diameter rear disk are you running? pitster pro rear brakes or even the gpx should fit..

but yeah the build is gonna look sweet...

Hey Sean
Bought the forks from TDR china .... so I don't think they come with the brakes.
I bought the wheels from a dude in NSW got em cheap and I researched the rear tyre and its worth 98 bucks so I'm assuming if he went to that measure for a tyre and he said the spokes were hd. Also ive got all the elctrics coming with the engine including coil and killswitch..

Front disc is 190mm rear disc is 180mm. And the rear swinger also came with a bracket for the caliper. Might go the pister pro or gpx brakes then...

what are the forks going to owe you to your door... if there genuine then they will come with brakes.. being TDR dont hold your breath on either...

oh and which TDR in china... theres like 3 or 4 and there not the same companies..

yeah mate.. clamps and front brake assemble...

you may need bigger disks too.. but see how you go

Cheers mate Yeah Ill see how it goes and Ill pick upa pitster pro or gpx setup for the rear then...

the hornets dont come with brakes from factory, just the tripple clamps and head stem bearings. the 155 engines dont come with the wiring loom either, just the cdi. good luck with the build. dont rush it and it will be an awsome bike.

Hey hman
the reason for the engine coming with all the elcectrics is because I bought it off a guy here on miniriders Sikko. and hes chucking in all the extras
Carlton

the hornets dont come with brakes from factory, just the tripple clamps and head stem bearings. the 155 engines dont come with the wiring loom either, just the cdi. good luck with the build. dont rush it and it will be an awsome bike.

the cdi plug is the loom, if anything you just need to add length to the coil wires..thought you'd know this stuff since you work at a minibike shop.

oscthumb.php

and well i guess the brake situation depends who you order from...

UPDATE: just got an email form Russ at revmx and hes got 20% off all parts on his online store plus more parts that aren't listed... So looks like hes still here and hopefully he has the brakes in stock

the cdi plug is the loom, if anything you just need to add length to the coil wires..thought you'd know this stuff since you work at a minibike shop.

oscthumb.php

and well i guess the brake situation depends who you order from...

when we order the z engines they dont come with the wiring loom. i just double checked an un opened box to be sure. you can order them with the loom but the wires are too short so we source them elsewhere. i hope this clears it up for you.

Hey Hman
what shop do you work at? and do you have a website for prices?

cheer
Carlton

when we order the z engines they dont come with the wiring loom. i just double checked an un opened box to be sure. you can order them with the loom but the wires are too short so we source them elsewhere. i hope this clears it up for you.

so what do you plug the cdi into... the harness goes from the stator to the cdi...

Hey Hman
what shop do you work at? and do you have a website for prices?

cheer
Carlton

sorry mate, i will only give some friendly advise. we are not site sponsors so i dont want to upset any one.

Latest posts

Back