Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior737

Reaction score
I recently bought the IRK kit off ebay that everyone has to try and freshin up my 70cc bike. I installed it on my chinese crf 70. The bike ran flawlessly before i put this kit on. I installed the components and ran it off my stock harness into my aftermarket rev box (didnt use the red one that came with it) The bike backfired while trying to start it and would not start. I adjusted the timing componnets to be i nthe middle and the clearances to be a paper thicknesses. So I disconnect the old harness and tryed installing the red box you get with the kit. Still no luck. Now the bike doesnt even back fire. It has plenty of spark. I tryed jumping it. Checking if its flodded. Cleaning the plug, heating the plug, adjusting the timing. checking all the wiring connections etc. Im starting to think this kit was the ****tiest idea ever. Everything is hooked up just like the picture and its worse wit the ****ty red rev box. I need to get this thing running. Help. I think the timings off still or somthing? Did i miss a small detail.

I recently bought the IRK kit off ebay that everyone has to try and freshin up my 70cc bike. I installed it on my chinese crf 70. The bike ran flawlessly before i put this kit on. I installed the components and ran it off my stock harness into my aftermarket rev box (didnt use the red one that came with it) The bike backfired while trying to start it and would not start. I adjusted the timing componnets to be i nthe middle and the clearances to be a paper thicknesses. So I disconnect the old harness and tryed installing the red box you get with the kit. Still no luck. Now the bike doesnt even back fire. It has plenty of spark. I tryed jumping it. Checking if its flodded. Cleaning the plug, heating the plug, adjusting the timing. checking all the wiring connections etc. Im starting to think this kit was the ****tiest idea ever. Everything is hooked up just like the picture and its worse wit the ****ty red rev box. I need to get this thing running. Help. I think the timings off still or somthing? Did i miss a small detail.

Hey mate, and welcome to miniriders, your first mistake was purchasing the IRK, its like getting married and divorced you have to try it once. They are not the best by far mate, the IRKs are unreliable and dont last long at all, some people have had the std cdis work with these kits but unless you are very cluey you should of installed the red cdi supplied. The only advice i can give you is re-install the stock outer rotor kit and if you need more grunt id purchase a 110cc motor, when you say you adjusted the timing obviously this was done to the IRK pickup and not to the cam sprocket and chain. But id get rid of it and ride it stock or get a 110.

Latest posts

Back