centrifugal Supercharger

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fly

Reaction score
New to forum and had a few q's any input is greatly apreciated.

ok im building a custom centrifugal supercharger thats designed for my 125cc thumpstar.
ive already machined the case and only have to make the spindles.

questions

fuel
-efi
-bigger carb
-draw through or blow through

how should i run the charger off the engine, im thinkin off the crankshaft but any ideas would help.

also thinking a new cam and gears but need a good place to purchase
the bike will probably have some engine work done along with new clutch and some drag slicks.

-domthenig

Hi,
This should help answer the EFI question, quick search up the top. theres a few around. if you go that route no need for the carb, but pretty expensive. not sure what others recommend but they seem to like the OKO carbs. as for position, would depend on which route you go for intake, and what is an easier layout i suppose. possibly off the stator flywheel? as its already pretty exposed.
might want to check this out, guy did a supercharged postie bike.
i think everyone will say that it wont last long, and i dont really doubt this. but if you want something different go for it, but be prepared to pay a lot of money for not a whole lot of gain.
as for cams, check out akunar's website, should be enough performance stuff there.

efi is the way to go..

heres a carby version

superchargedminibikemotor.jpg

superchargedminibike.jpg

have you thought about reversing the polarity on a rechargable vacuum cleaner and taping it to your carbi inlet?

unfortunately i think with an engine like this the hp taken to run the supercharger may take away the hp gained by running it

Wicked concept mate. I would be more worried about the gearbox holding up for an extended period.

You're all mad:)

(sorry krazed, I had had a few)

Last edited:
The path is a well-trodden one, but few markers along the trail and lots of wrong turns.
One of many on the Google: supercharging
Centrifugal units are much more sensitive to RPM/boost curve and thus need to be sized more precisely for optimal performance. Positive-displacement versions have a nearly linear boost/rev curve and drive ratio changes are easy to accomplish. That's the way I'd roll if engaged in such a project (and I am;)) unless a wide torque curve isn't needed. Adding boost won't make a silk purse from a hog scrotum, by itself. Displacement + "corrected boost" = total airflow through engine. If determined to go centrifugal, an e-start motor's chain-sprocket mechanism seems ideal for at least a portion of the step-up drive, and low mount gets it in the cooling air.

Good luck on the project, and keep every one updated on progress & pratfalls:lol:

yeah, forced induction is an awesome thing, id like to try each of the setups..
nitrous
supercharged
then turbo

and decent amounts of boost or its not worth doing...low comp and good fuel is the key, and no carb.. efi is the way to go, little more involved but way more actuate.. 30hp would be nice.. low hrs lol but nice..

supercharged with big boost would need a crank support setup made too... hmm daytona setup would be nice if they were at a decent price..

ok enough dreaming from me..

oh forgot to say too.. dont bother with a 125.. you'd be disappointed..

im telling you guys its cheap and it works reverse polarity vacuum cleaner,i had one set up on my deckson rockhopper until i hit a tree while trying to find the on switch to turn it on

pics

base plate
dom108

top plate
dom108

assymbly
dom108

parts and gears
dom108

starting spindles tmrw and gear weight reduction. thanks for all the input.
:40__s::40__s:

Last edited:
ooh, thats looking pretty nice. decided between carb and efi? the efi would be nice, but i suppose depends on what your budget can take. but damn, at this price, im tempted to grab it to play around with..

havent decided but probly gonna be biggest carb i can find lol.
would love to get microsquirt with custom throttle body setup but all money is going towards car right now.
to do list:
-intercooler
-belt drive system
-rebuild tranny
-fabricate intake manifold
-spindles
-gear weight reduction
-decide if i wanna spend money on efi.
:lsvader:

your going to have to use efi if you wana run an intercooler..

intercoolers on draw thru setups is a big no no.. if it back fires thru the intake then the intercooler explodes.. like a bomb lol..

im gonna try blow through first with intercooler, if that doesnt work then draw through until i get efi.
Ive been studying turbo/super chargers for the past 2 years so know my way around them pretty good, just dont know as much about thumpstar and how the engine is set up. got most figured out now just gotta get to work lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back