Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxy

Reaction score
Hi mates, Does anyone no where i can get cheap 125 Lifan engines from.:)

DHZ sells good non kick in gear 125's ...... (grey and silver) which are light years better than those ANCIENT all black things with the chrome badges on the side ...

The grey/silver 125's have thicker engine mount lugs which have far less chance of cracking over rough terrain and jumps plus a better transmission and a later model alloy cylinder and BVH on top ..... :)

lifan125cc1.jpg

The "Ancient" type .......... not quite the same motor .......

78ae_1.jpg

71fd_0.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers mate

Cheers mate ill look into that,as you can probaly see in the other thread im the one with the troublw ith the stator, and i thought stuff it ill get a new engine.

wat are they worth??
cheers

$249 + $30 postage ..........

Here's some pics of a 138 that I sold to a guy on here , it's been reliable and he was really happy with the power it put out ........

138cc009.jpg

138cc004.jpg

138cc002.jpg

i was thinking of buying a PROX big foot and dump a lifan 140 in to it,worth it?
they look like they have a decent frame on 'em, so yea it would be a good little monster.

I wouldnt bet my balls on it but the engine in that photo you posted is not much better than the "ancient balck ones" you referred to. The better engine looks very similar to that photo but has the clutch arm on the top of the case and only costs $50 more.

Yes I know what you're getting at Cass but they're not the same motor ... they have been improved and strengthened ...... that engine had a 4 up tranny plus the cases with the thicker mounting lugs (8 mm thick on the LHS right where they break) .... it also had the exact same head and cylinder as the Super 120/125/138's . I know 100% because I have all the engines here to check as well as a head off one of the black Lifans . The "138" (actually 127) had really strong compression plus it appeared to have a bigger clutch ..... my 14 year old son couldn't kick it over properly . I weigh 185 lbs and I could stand on the kick lever without it moving !

I bought 4 up , kick in gear Lifan Super motors (125 and two 140's) but they can have kick starter problems if not kicked over properly because of the way that the mechanisms are configured - they aren't idiot proof ...... the non kick in gear motors have a more reliable mech that people CAN'T try to kick over in gear with the clutch out and strain the crap out of ....... Relo's stuffed a super reliable XR kick mech up on me by doing that ..... they actually bent the shaft so that it jammed in the cases and broke the return spring ........ I had previously never had a problem with XR's in over 30 years !

The kick in gear 125's have weak engine mounts that can crack ....... I didn't realise that the "138" had the strong cases until after I agreed to sell it since it was still sitting untouched in a new DHZ bike ....... otherwise I'd have kept it .........

The guy might be better off buying a 140 for $299 or waiting to bid on one if he wants more power ....... it all depends on what he wants ........ Other sellers want heaps for start in gear 125's ...... I paid $375 + $50 postage for mine off dirtbikes online about 18 months ago ... :)

Last edited:
mate keep the language to a minimum. i hope your previous posts get deleted, just for the language and the fact that you have posted about 6 times in a row, you can just edit your original post and not jam the whole thread with repeated ramble.

Hey Prox666 delete all your messages and send him a personal message ......

Someone call him up and tell him since he posted it so many times.

im sorry bout posting 6 times tubes sumfins wrong wit my computer when i posted them they didnt come up then latter they al went through sorry for swearing too but i thought sumone was wipen the thred but it was just my slow computer playning up when i put a ad for the motor in classifides it got wiped cause i didnt set it out propley so sorry to u all

Last edited:
im sorry bout posting 6 times tubes sumfins wrong wit my computer when i posted them they didnt come up then latter they al went through

LOL ........ Yeah that's happened to me a few times causing me to double and triple post ........ :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back