Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1961

Reaction score
hi my son just got a new 125 n i checked the rear shockie pressuer of the nitrogen but its empty the shaft has no rust n the seal isnt leaking can i pump a few psi of air in it to see if it holds b4 i get it regassed as they want over $35 to put nitrogen in it n if its going to leak id rather put that money to a new shock im going to change the valve core just to make sure thats ok as it had no valve cap on it n may b it got some crap in it n leaked at some stage wats your thoughts on this im only going to put about 30 psi n check it over a couple days cheers richy

that price to fill it is very expensive, is it from a bike shop ?

at those rates to have your car tyre done would be about $800 each.

putting air in the shock could introduce water/moisture inside the shock and cause problems later.

yea I got a FILTER DRYER on my air line as I do a lot of spray painting so that eliminates the moisture side n I was only going to set the pressure at about 15 psi till I put about 20-30 psi in it I have since been put on to another place that wiil do the nitrogen refill for about $20 n its a bike shop the other place was a tyre place n if it dose hold the air I was going to let it back out straight away its only 4 a pressure test

Latest posts

Back