Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah as zwebx said the akunar cams are great and are cheap

have a look on there site for a cam and hd valve springs and yep get the ports cleaned up exhaust and a decent carb you can get from them aswell

rear axle

my rear wheel wobbles when i ride but is solid when i don't ride, is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
brake lever too high + cut in tyre

how can i lower my brake lever so that it is level with the foot peg?, also i got a cut in my Tyre, can i just patch this up somehow as it doesn't touch the ground at all? IMG_20130126_194046.jpg

If you look at the back of the brake lever you'll see it is attatched to a rod which goes into the hydraulic fluid resivour. there is a thread on that rod, the brake lever should also a thread attatchment thing which can be screwed up and down the rod. this will adjsut your brake lever (I think thats how it sworks anyway.)

The tyre will be fine I punched my'n with sylicone (spelling?) but you can patch it with a tube repair from behind.

You may have flex in the spokes causing the wheel to move around under load, Hold the seat tight with your left hand and grip the rear tyre hard and push back and forth and look for play in the spokes or wheel bearings.

can some one link me to cam installation tutorial as thats my next upgrade. Best cam for lifan 150?

are you guys taking about the s25/s35 cams?

no this is for superhead, you can get the takegawa k10 (from the s-stage kit), for me it's the best cam for your engine, if not like say before, cam and carby it's the first stage

ticking sound

i got a ticking sound in my engine head on my gpx 160, how can i fix this?

if its really bad could be piston slap (most likey would smoke abit to) , usually is just valve adjustment is needed.
yx/gpx160 has been known to make abit of a rattling noise but its not very loud

new piston, hone bore, or new wrist clip
Piston slap means something has worn and the connecting rods are now hitting the cylinder. like
the first is the wrispin which connects the piston to the rod. The second reason could be the rod barring itself.

personally i think it'll be just valves or loose bolt somewhere near the engine, unless its smoking.
if its not take it to a mechanic for a check.

how loud is it? My yx had a slight ticking noise but thats just normal. Probably just the rocker arms making contact with the cam shaft or something,

Its not that loud its props just valves coz I haven't checked them since I got the bike about 3 weeks ago.

I have had 2 YX150 engined bikes over the last 2 years they both had that slight ticking noise just check your valve clearances just to be shore mate.

Latest posts

Back