Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
Bike Silencer

How can i silence my pitster pro so that it doesn't annoy the neighbors?

Bike Silencer

Where are you located?

When we did the mini motards in Brisbane we bought silenced pipes from small wheel deals that got under the max db allowable for lakeside. Only thing though they played havoc with tuning for a bit so have to adjust jets to suit

Put an end cap on your silencer, usually makes them very quiet.

or remove the muffler, and find a washer that just fits into the inlet of the muffler,
then slip it back onto the pipe and clamp it up.
this will restrict it a little, and quieten it down a lot.

just put steel wool in your exhaust good old fashion way lol just like to pass EPA testing for car exhaust noise :p

GPX 160 valve clearances

What are the valve clearances for the GPX 160, also is the YX 160 the same as a GPX 160?

The yx 160 and the GPX are different motors, the GPX 160 is otherwise known as the 160ho,155z and are also known as GPX and ZONGSHEN motors, the 155z and 160ho are both 155.7cm3 and the yx 160 is actually 161cm3 i believe, but give me a 155z/160ho before the yx. Clearances inlet .003 and exhaust .004

GPX 160 184cc kit or TB v2 race head

which of these two upgrades is better performance/value wise?

The head gives most power. But you may need another piston for that head or cut out stock piston.

v2 head by itself is the better option, v2 head increases the revs and power massively. big bore kinda needs the v2 head with it to be really useful imo

Buy the head, put it on my bike and I'k\ll tell you how it goes. You buy the big bore kit for your bike. We can race. Loser buys the hot fogs (i take mine with mustard AND sauce, kinky ey)

DNM suspension

how do you stiffen the X4R rear suspension, also what do the left and right screws do on the forks?

GPX 160 V2 head vs 2 stroke 85

would a gpx 160 with a v2 head be comparable to a 85cc 2 stroke?

Excellent choice, you're bound to love it :)

Just bear in mind the differences in power delivery... It might turn out that a 4 stroke will deliver the power that you need where a 2t might be a handful in certain situations. What are you planning on doing with it?

^^ yep, until it catches fire, and spits out burning bits everywhere

there was a seller a while ago on ebay selling a cnc milled end cap that fits into most muffler tips, then locks in with a couple of screws.
this quietened them down 20% or so.

Latest posts

Back