Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2t's are awesome for track riding, gotta hold em in band to get them moving but that's half the fun, Depending on your size/weight you may be better off looking at 125 2t's as you wont really outgrow a 125. They are full size.

and everyone knows 85's are for 12yr old girls :p

If it's your first track bike and you don't dwarf it, get the 85... If you learn to ride a less powerful bike fast you'll smash it when you upgrade :)

Hey craig is that really true? My tc185 has a home made baffle with steel wool and haven't had a problem with it yet but don't want one as I have already had one too many fires lately.

is your TC on gummy atm? $400 odd iirc?

all you need is one small spark to start the steel wool burning....

some muffler packing is only $13 for a bag full, enough to do a decent size muffler.

Hey craig is that really true? My tc185 has a home made baffle with steel wool and haven't had a problem with it yet but don't want one as I have already had one too many fires lately.

get a coat hanger.... bend it to a l shape... put steel wool on the top of the L shape and light it (after bending the l to make sure the steel wool does no fly off) and then spin it around holding the L handle.... make sure you are wearing a ****ty hoody or somthing and watch the fireworks (the steel wool has to be packed pretty tight)

V2 head alone on a 155 or 160ho is wothout a dobt great bang for buck! do that and be happy cause it hum dings!!!

26mm OKO, dont go and get a IRK, they rev great but as soon as you hit the slightest incline the engine just wont pull, besides with the 155z/160ho ORK its all weighted for the engine and i have never had one fail yet. Forget the IRK dude, they are highly unreliable also. OKO 26mm on the stock engine will perform beautifully with the stock 100, 36 jets.

I love the short ASV brake and clutch lever. I like them cuse i only use one finger on clutch and brake, got used to that when i rode dirt jumping and street on my bike cycle

IRK vs OKO 26mm flatside

Second that! I've got an Oko and I had a drag with a mate on the exact same bike with almost the exact same hours on them and I instantly started pulling away from him!

I can't fault them, I even like them better for trails! Sorry should mention he was running the stock Mikuni on the other bike for comparison.

I've got them too, love 'em. I've even bent the bejesus outta the clutch lever, bent it back with a metric shifter and all good again, sweeeet. Have to use a metric shifter though, the imperial shifter won't work

Cheap performance upgrades

i've got a gpx 160 and was wondering what would be some cheap performance upgrades for my bike?, also what are engine mods i can do other than v2 head/184 big bore?

Last edited:
carby and maybe exhaust but the exhaust isnt cheap i see it as you get what you pay for bud so u buy cheap parts they wont last long

Latest posts

Back