China 125 bike build/revive! can anyone help ID this bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Miniriders,

I spotted this bike on Gumtree yesterday.
Suzuki thumpster 125 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Fremantle Area - O'Connor | 1066118930

There's nothing wrong with a cheap pit bike, one of our members Cordogs' $100 bike won our last Fifty of the Month competition.
Check out Coreys' build thread- http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/40198-cordogs-100-china.html

Your bike is based on a CRF50, and uses the same tank, plastics and seat.
The engine is an early Lifan 125 going by the shape of the clutch cover, most parts are pretty easy to source off ebay etc
The BBT markings on the engine might have been a pit bike dealer from a few years ago?
The exhaust flange's don't always sit right up flush to the head, they can have up to about an 8mm gap there depending on what type of gasket and how tight it's done up etc
That old oil looks well and truly past it's use by date too! lol

Cheers, Craig

Welcome to Miniriders,

I spotted this bike on Gumtree yesterday.
Suzuki thumpster 125 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Fremantle Area - O'Connor | 1066118930

There's nothing wrong with a cheap pit bike, one of our members Cordogs' $100 bike won our last Fifty of the Month competition.
Check out Coreys' build thread- http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/40198-cordogs-100-china.html

Your bike is based on a CRF50, and uses the same tank, plastics and seat.
The engine is an early Lifan 125 going by the shape of the clutch cover, most parts are pretty easy to source off ebay etc
The BBT markings on the engine might have been a pit bike dealer from a few years ago?
The exhaust flange's don't always sit right up flush to the head, they can have up to about an 8mm gap there depending on what type of gasket and how tight it's done up etc
That old oil looks well and truly past it's use by date too! lol

Cheers, Craig

Thanks Craig!

Yep that's the one, the bloke who sold it to me was trying to tell me that's it's a genuine Suzuki.... now I am pretty clueless to bikes right now but come on just because there's a Suzuki sticker on it? Anyway, I gave him $200 for it, as he failed to mention all of the problems with the bike on the Gumtree ad " runs need a little tlc on plastics only visual other wise enjoy as is mechanically sound" is far from true!

He also told me there was a 150cc kit on it, but I have not checked that yet.

Thanks for that thread, I need inspiration. Ok cheers for that info mate I can order some plastics now.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back