China Plastic Quality.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wogtaz ryder

Reaction score
Just going through stuff in the shed.

and thought i would compare Genuine Crf50 fender , with a china fender.

Both are/where in almost perfect condition.

The difference in quality and colour just by eye and feel is huge , but not so much in the photo's i could get.

Well i started bending them everywhere i could to see if they would snap , both passed that test . could bend them all the way back to themselves without snapping.

The china ones got crazy crease marks /white marks where i bent them , and started to whiten way before i bent it on to itself ...

The Honda one bent straight back and barely left a mark.

Just thought this mite come in handy.. for people that think its a ripoff for decent plastics , you get what you pay for.

There is a heep more flaws in china pastics to , the fading is terrible etc and the colour put against the crf50 fender looks shocking.

Bending the Crf50 fender with the china one in the background
27062010835.jpg

After . can hardly tell
27062010836.jpg

I dont plan on treating my plastics like that so its all good here.

You would be surprised at the beating plastics take in a crash.

Not only that the fading and just the colour from the start is terrible , to a trained eye lol you can pick the difference from a picture. Just saayin...

Yer ill sell it lol , got the rear guard to .. and all the others but they have been eaten by the damn dog lol

Front and rear is in good condition

china plastics fade heaps quicker then genunine crf plastics . but i guess u pay for what you get.$40 for china plastics and $200 for crf plastics

Personally i wouldn't pay that price tag for oem honda plastics ... but there has been a few sets of used ones around for around the $80-100 mark in aus , with the oem graphics . which is what i got mine for ages ago.

U.S Ebay should have a fair bit of gen plastics for decent price.

china plastics fade heaps quicker then genunine crf plastics . but i guess u pay for what you get.$40 for china plastics and $200 for crf plastics

Definatley and interesting thread. I think at $40 for China one's, most people would just buy them and swap them out every year or 2.

Definatley and interesting thread. I think at $40 for China one's, most people would just buy them and swap them out every year or 2.

yer i get new grafix 1s or 2s a yer i just buy new plastics $40 1s. after a year there rooted any way

Well depends if your just gonna get ebay graphics with them for the extra $20 lol... but if your gonna spend a decent amount on graphics i would want to stick them to something decent .

Not that they wont last as long , they will just look 10x better from the get go

Latest posts

Back