China USD fors oil change issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hello peoples im trying to undo the top cap of my forks to change the oil, and the top cap seems to be attached to the spring or something in the forks. i dont know anything about usd's , i have never pulled em apart. need some help!! lol, they are 735 mm too.

Yeah the caps are attached to the springs, they can still come undone i would probably have something under the bike and then you can lift the front wheel with both off and then pour your oil SLOWLY with a funnel down into the fork

im pretty sure you can un do one and push down a little to get the cap up enough to get oil in there (or to push the upper fork leg down so the spring holds the top cap up)

thanks for the replies fellas, i compressed the forks down, and was greeted with bits of perished rubber that once resembled a fork seal :( is there anywhere i can get seals for em? i have no idea when it comes to china usd's, DHZ sell seals for some of thier models, perhaps they would fit ?

thanks for the replies fellas, i compressed the forks down, and was greeted with bits of perished rubber that once resembled a fork seal :( is there anywhere i can get seals for em? i have no idea when it comes to china usd's, DHZ sell seals for some of thier models, perhaps they would fit ?
hmmn they will cause issues if they ever find there way into your valves.. thats what happend to my pitpro se forks..
a full cleaning is a option or just hope they will stay at the bottom of your fork oil..

i was thinking of just using some washers instead between the fork springs and on the top to take up the slack

those bits you found could be bits of the springs' top seat/locator ?
they do eventually break and drop into the bottom of the fork,
this can block the ports in the valves, and cause your forks to not work as they were designed.

i had a lot of it in the bottom of my Orion forks when i cleaned them out, and changed the oil

yeh, the bits of rubber where at the top of the fork leg, when i compressed it to open it up, i saw the old seal, bits of it were floating around.
i realise i am going to have to do a full pull down and clean, etc, and im not sure how to go about it. there seems to be no information on chinese forks and seals around....

Is there a step by step tutorial on changing fork seals, and cleaning them out ?

Last edited:
yeh, the bits of rubber where at the top of the fork leg, when i compressed it to open it up, i saw the old seal, bits of it were floating around.
i realise i am going to have to do a full pull down and clean, etc, and im not sure how to go about it. there seems to be no information on chinese forks and seals around....

Is there a step by step tutorial on changing fork seals, and cleaning them out ?
Put your top cap back on.. (not tight) take the forks out
then pull the dust cover off the top leg (screw driver Be carefull DO NOT scratch the lower coated leg)
take out bottom dampner bolt (8mm allen and try to shock it off not just pull on it)
take the big ass clip that sits above your seal that is under the dust cover..
take the cap off and off the top of the dampner rod...
and the springs if you want
Sit fork in tripple clamps or in a vice with a rag around them clamping loosly but securley and force the two sides apart as if you were using them as a slide hammer and be prepared for them to fall apart
always have a rag around and dont put the springs in dirt or even on concrete its really hard to clean them so wrap them in a rag..

the two fork legs are apart now...
then maybe to get to the valves you need to take the sleeve thats over the dampner off (by force sliding like with the fork legs)
then clean and re-assemble

thanks for the info zwebx, exactly what i was after!
now im looking for seals. does anybody know where to find any ? i would need to measure the old seals first woundt 1? is there an ebay shop that sells them?

Dont think anyone has actually found any, not that iv'e ever seen a thread for. Best bet would be to remove the current one/s and bring them into a bike shop to see if they can match them up to something they have there in stock. Ive asked at various bike shops and always got the same answer, "Bring them in and we'll see if we can match them"

hmm. i see. well im not sure i can take the old seals in, there were bits of them all through the forks....i'll see if i can try and preserve one...lol

i reckon they should be all in 1 piece, (mostly) it is more likely to be rubber from other parts of the forks inners. If you remove the dust seals even with the forks still fitted you'll be able to see your fork seals. how to get them out from there is a different matter ;)

yeh, i'll pull em down tomorrow, and see what i can salvage ;)

i found some seals online, all seem to be the same size though, 45mm x 33 x 10.5mm atleast they're out there!!

Latest posts

Back