Chinese engine trans oil????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRWDGW

Reaction score
I have a stupid question - does an air cooled 125cc cheap *** Lifan engine have its own transmission oil to change or is it distributed throughout the engine from primary oil reservoir that is changed regularly?

I have a stupid question - does an air cooled 125cc cheap *** Lifan engine have its own transmission oil to change or is it distributed throughout the engine from primary oil reservoir that is changed regularly?

Shared oil pan.

So, change the oil regularly and all should stay lubed and well. Thanks for taking the time to help.

yep, as above...

changing the oil every 8-10 hours of use will keep on top of it...

cheaper to change the oil in short intervals than let it go and have to replace the clutch/gearbox or engine

when you do change the oil,
take the kickstart lever off, carefully take off the r/h side cover of the motor, remove the filter screen and clean out the metal chips/filings etc
and whatever other bits are sitting in the bottom of the case.
it's suprising what bits you'll find there...

when you do change the oil,
take the kickstart lever off, carefully take off the r/h side cover of the motor, remove the filter screen and clean out the metal chips/filings etc
and whatever other bits are sitting in the bottom of the case.
it's suprising what bits you'll find there...

thats a good point but for many ppl it may be over there head...but realistically its pretty simple...
may require a clutch cover gasket tho

how ever you dont need to do it every oil change every 2nd or 3rd would be fine

Good input. Although it is relatively an inexpensive investment (toy!), I figure the more I maintain it - the reward would be a longer engine life - last thing I think anyone wants is a toy to become a headache! Thanks.

Does coolster 125 cc atv need trans fluid or does it just share the engine oil too

Latest posts

Back