Chinese mini atv wiring???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey D

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently been given a 2012 49cc mini atv. Unfortunately the wiring seems to be all over the place. It has an ignition switch with a green, red, black and black and white wire. A kill switch with a green and red wire and a coil with the single black wire. I could really do with some help to determine which wires go where. Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance

It hasn't been running for a while the lad told me, I have recently bought a new kill switch, coil and spark plug. But due to the wiring being the way it is at the moment I can't check anything. Do you need a pic of the quad or the wiring?

Welcome to Miniriders,

is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

is the engine like this ?

images

IMG000016981.jpg

COIL-300038-2.jpg

if so they are pretty easy to wire up
you can just use the 2 wires that run to the coil positive and a negative that come out of the cover behind the pull start, and the kill switch
the CDI is built into the Ignition coil

attachment.php

The engine looks very similar however there is only one wire off the coil and that is black? There are no other wires coming form either the engine or behind the pull start. Really appreciate the help

ok
connect one of the wires off the kill switch to the black wire coming from the coil,
and the other wire from the kill switch to an earth point.

if you want to wire up the ignition switch i will need a link to the new one you bought, or one similar off ebay etc.
and you will need a multimeter to be able to check what wire is for what

That's cool, can I by pass the ignition switch all together, again this was fitted before I got hold of it

yeah, just wiring up the kill switch, in my last post, bypasses the ignition switch

Hi
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
I have the same problem with the wiring but want to incorporate the key switch. I have managed to wire it in and the quad bike runs but when I turn the key to off it still runs, and also the quad can be started with the key in the off position.
Can someone help please, thanks
This is the switch I've wired in there was no connection block on the existing wiring so I have crimped the wires together

Pit Dirt Quad Bike Key Stop Switch Ignition Kill 4 Pin ON OFF 110cc 125cc 140cc | eBay

Welcome to Miniriders,

Drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here

It sounds like you have the wiring hooked up so one side of the switch isn't going to an earth then ?
Can you post up pics of where you wired the switch into your bike then?

Cheers, Craig

Last edited:
ok
connect one of the wires off the kill switch to the black wire coming from the coil,
and the other wire from the kill switch to an earth point.

if you want to wire up the ignition switch i will need a link to the new one you bought, or one similar off ebay etc.
and you will need a multimeter to be able to check what wire is for what

Hello
As Mikey D description i have the same engine and the same problems.
I understand how to connect the kill switch but where I have to connect the spark plug.
Also on the mini quad was not installed any dci box.is needed?
Thank you

Can you use the green wire on to the pull start casing as a earth point

Latest posts

Back