Ciniworx CXZ175 Review is Finally Here!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ando

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
To quote Thump*140 "Ok kiddies, grip your anuses", someones finally done a review on the Ciniworx CXZ175, even tho it arrived 3 weeks or so before the RevMX and Uncle Thump*140's review :p
So for a start we already had some idea of how the zhonger175 would run thanks to Coolmodee01 and Eddie Cini having airfrieghted 2 to put into their bikes back in January, for those interested here is Coolie's thoughts on the engine in his build thread - http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-builds/26421-zongshen-175cc-install.html

First Impression:
as soon as i opened the box i simply couldn't wait to get thing running and go riding, i was very impressed with the fat bars deciding straight away to forgo the pro tapers and give the stock ones a good thrashing to see how they held up to it. Lots of RED :D, but i love the look of it still, though like many of us that buy a new bike we go looking for new sticker kits straight away, i am no exception, not that i've got one yet.

Engine:
Since i had already tried coolmodee's 175 i already knew what i could expect out of the engine and more since he has a keihin pe26mm fitted. Now having experienced the punch of the keihin i decided that i wouldn't take the OKO that Ed also offers with the CXZ figuring the On/Off delivery of power wouldn't suit my riding style.
With a 6-plate clutch, twin oil coolers, choice of carbies and ORK standard this bike will offer a great bike for the racer or trail rider alike. I believe there isn't a decomp cam fitted stock so i suggest using the proper method of kicking over the engine to get the longest life out of the beast. It should also be noted the ease with which the bike is kicked over, once past the first 'click' at TDC (Top Dead Centre) even with Rach88's measly 40 or so Kgs she kicks this bike over with very little effort.
After fueling up i was very impressed with the 5L fuel tank and that a reserve was there too, so with fuel filter fitted i kicked a couple of times and the beast ROARED to life.

Frame:
The most notable part of the frame for me has been the rear sub frame that runs almost to the end of the rear guard. Thanks to DVDrip's my bike has been flipped and i can attest to the advantages as the rear guard not only didn't break but also i can see no apparent weak spots on it from creasing or bending of the guard. Also no damage to the muffler was done thanks to the length of the frame.
VERY solidly mounted pegs are a big plus too as I've seen other linkage style bikes with a marked weakness in the peg mounting, for me this is extremely important for my 100+ kgs. The billet triples should also be noted for strength in the front end.
The accurate chain adjustment increments will take the guess work out of it, a big plus for me :p.
The tank is also well mounted without the noticeable side to side movement common on the crf style bikes.

Suspension:
The Weston forks fitted to the CXZ are a quality unit fitted to many Ciniworx models a proven performer that's been punished by riders of all shapes and sizes. I've found these forks to perform very well even with the stock fork oil, but can still be improved further either out of the box or when the seals need doing eventually. Further improvements can be made by adding aftermarket air bleeders to the top of the fork legs.
The FastAce rear shock comes with a 400lb spring which I've found suits my weight perfectly. Initially i rode with the compression settings fully soft and found it not bad, with some help the compression now runs towards the middle of the range, but have yet to really play rebound and preload. After finding that nice setup of the Hi/Lo speed compression the bike tracks straight and true over short sharp stutters or big whooped out ones.

Ergos:
The ergonomics on the bike are outstanding straight out of the box. The "bars-seat-pegs" ratio makes any riding position very comfortable whether your over the bars, off the back of the seat or neutral in both standing and sitting positions.
For me the most noticeable and best part of the bike was the width of the seat. My last bike was a Motovert on which my knees would touch long before i touched the seat with my legs, leaving only my ankles holding the bike on the engine cases. Now with this bike I get great grip on the seat and my legs still feel almost vertical when standing up owing to the still fairly narrow pegs.

Other:
The brakes are simply amazing on this bike, the twin piston with a 220mm front disc combined with the larger reservoir is almost too much stopping power especially in wet weather. The rear single piston 190mm disc is just as good with not much over an inch travel to get a fully locked up rear, this caused many stalls for me coming from an underslung rear brake lever. There is still a high degree of feel when using both brakes and with this new bike I have no trouble using one finger for the front brake. The stock ASV style levers offer reach adjustment to suit all riders and have yet to snap or bend on me despite a fair number of stacks I've had. Since I bent the rear brake lever on my last bike after a stack I also purchased a 'brake snake' to guard against doing the same with this bike.
The stock grips are the Renthal-style half waffle grips that i have had before I liked the feel of the pro taper pillow tops on coolmodee's bike better so I purchased some straight away.
While not quite as comprehensive as the RevMX's spares kit Ciniworx does offer a spares kit with the bike including rimlocks, tubes, unifilter, teeshirt, hat and stickers. For those that get the OKO 26mm carby instead of the molkt I believe the carb comes with its own spares or is tuned already.

In Summary:
Some might say that linkage isn't everything but I wouldn't go back. This bike has improved all aspects of my riding and the linkage is a huge part of that keeping the power down over all terrain. The 175cc's is rest of it especially with the molkt carbies smoother power delivery, but very soon I'll be keen to upgrade to the punch of the keihin particularly if i want to challenge and oko fitted 175's on the track.

Since there are still many out there that like the extra stability and whatever else you get out of big wheels (cheater wheels- 17inch front and 14inch rear) Eddie has organised with the manufacturer to have a larger swingarm built to accommodate them. I imagine that one will be sent over for some testing as is the norm for all Ciniworx models, except this CXZ175 model. That's due to the first linkage frame tested (the YX) not being up to scratch in a few departments, bad linkage ratio and pegs snapping off the frame to name a couple.

Now to some of the issues I've had:
The fuel cap like the RevMX was machined without enough width in the thread and tho i never experienced any fuel leakage it was replaced at no cost.
The original kick starter after a ride or two turned past 90 degrees at the elbow this fault may be just on my bike but is worth checking anyway, again this was replaced at no charge (see picture below). Though i continued to find issues with this type of kick starter bending them either from gripping with my legs and bending it towards the bike or bending because i kick too hard and bend it when it hits the stop when kicking over the bike. I believe the fault lays with me either way and i just had to buy a billet kick starter to solve this. I believe I also bent Thump*140's when i rode his when we did the comparison ride day, though that wasn't a stock one either i think.
The gear lever i killed on the first ride, again my fault because i have a heavy foot when i change gears to make sure I get the gear. Coolie has the same issue with these levers but none of the other guys i ride with have chewed the teeth out on their levers so it seems to be our own fault.
The tyre pressure was something i didn't check when putting the bike together and only recently found they had around 28psi in them, a bit high but with no rimlocks fitted 20-25psi wont rip valves out.

now for some piccies
DSCF4432.jpg

DSCF4433.jpg

DSCF4412.jpg

DSCF4415.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF4423.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see you corrected the write up I read before refreshing and you no longer love penis ;)

Nice write up man, good to see it finally happened :D

Last edited:
Good work Ando. I know how much you hate "homework." He, he,,,,

Well done mate.

I'm yet to have any kick starter issues! I'd be prime for them since I stall so much and have to kick start it about 10 times more per day then the average rider! Ha. Also my forks were perfect for my weight, which is interesting to know as our weight is very different!

My shock spring was a bit hard but Ed is swapping it to a 300lbs for no charge :)

I'm really impressed with the quality of the bike and after sales service :) I'm no mechanic, but with help from thump*140, ando and Ed I'm pretty confident I won't run in to any major issues!

Good review, great pictures ;)

I also had the gear lever strip its teeth in first 15mins lol. They look trick but soft metal. Ed replaced free though :)

Getting your suspension right is very important in my opinion especially since it has the linkage. Mine's still not perfect but after I set my preload and bit of rebound in the shock it has made the ride MUCH more enjoyable.

Very happy with after sales support from Ed! Really helpful and understanding. Knows what he's on about considering he's a moto mechanic and rides what he sells.

good stuff ando, u will be doing a little more writin now seems u have some time on ur hands ha ha ha
iv only had a couple of miner probs most cause of me ,but the latest one wasnt , the bolt that holds the clutch plates in was loose (china mans fault) and i think it was the gear selector , it was fairly warn
and the rear tyre didnt hold up to well but i was ridin on a very hard packed track
other than those it is a machine

ok all you ciniworx and revmx owners out there pay Attention...

i've just replaced and upgraded my linkage bearings and bolts, when it was pulled apart there was no grease in there at all and some damage to the bearings and bolts, since this was one part i didn't cover when building the bike i have no idea if this will be the case on all of the rev and cini bikes but its something well worth checking out asap.
for those who dont know i had the first cini off rank and the RevMX's were available a few weeks later so i expect some owners to have no issues at all, as i've ridden nearly every weekend since i've had it and loaned it out to a few guys for rides, so its had a bit of a floggin.

this problem may have been my fault as i didn't know any better and when washing didn't pay any attention to what i was doing when pressure washing around the linkage.

since i wanted to upgrade the bearings, bolts and bushes cost me over 100 quid, i'm sure if anyone is not keen on spending that the same bearings thats in the linkage would cost a fair bit less (i can find out prices if anyone is interested)

i hope this can head off any possible problems with any owners or future purchasers especially if its an issue from the factory, tho i expect that anyone that put their own bike together would not have a leg to stand on if trying to claim warranty, but thats for you guys to work out, i put my bike together and as i have no idea if its my fault i'm not fussed about chasing the issue up.

so guys keep us up to date with the condition of your bikes.

2010 CINIWORX CXZ175 sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW 2011 CXZ175 COMING SOON
NEW CHROME STYLE GRAPHICS
NEW LONGER SWINGARM
BIG WHEELS AVAILABLE.

SAME MINIRIDERS PRICE $2290 BOXED

The tank is also well mounted without the noticeable side to side movement common on the crf style bikes.

How is the rear of the tank held to the frame and the seat attached to the tank ? ... I bought a linkage frame and there appears to be extra parts needed to mount the tank and seat ...

Your pics have helped me see what's needed as far as the rear brake lever , return spring , and the brake lever stop are concerned ... and also the Heim joint on the rear master cylinder ...

Has anyone else built one up from scratch ? ...

i guess i could just go and rip the seat/tank off and take some more photos for ya cactus

watch this space :p

OK Thanks mate ... The holes in the tank mounting brackets on my frame are a bit out of whack and the left side rear side cover doesn't fit anywhere near right ... LOL ... Bloody bodgy Chinese fabricators ...

ok, from memory when i did my frame there was only front tank mounts, they may however have a rubber stretch clamp on the rear like most yammies do.. gen ttr's have them also..

but its not uncommon for them to have nothing as the seat and plastics keep the rear of the tank still.

just got one of the last fo these bikes so hapy but there is a distincted rattle anyone else have this problem

Latest posts

Back