clutch help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cennyddpow

Reaction score
clutch help (added youtube video)

Working on a cheetah 200 and clutch doesnt work. when I squeeze the clutch lever it moves just a little but wont engage the clutch. If i crank the tensioner still nothing.

I took the cover off and was going to take the clutch off and inspect but needed a special socket. I have ordered on ebay.

Just not sure what is wrong with it. I took of the four screws and springs look good.

When the springs are off I can turn it in neutral. when springs and 4 nuts tightened can't turn

Wondering if I should order an clutch assembly?

Thanks

Kazuma 200 clutch - YouTube

Attachments

• IMAG1284.jpg
    IMAG1284.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
doesnt look like there could be too much wrong with the clutch, plates dont look burnt..

does the clutch work at all or 100% doesnt, could be a cable or lever issue if it just doesnt quite pull it in enough..

clutch doesn't work...
I increased the tension on the cable and nothing..
the bike has been sitting for a long time...

I just got it running but only in neutral.

oh ok. been sitting a while.. thats probly why..

after clutches sit for a while they sometimes like to freeze the clutch plates together.. happens with cars too..

but anyways... remove the 4 bolts in the center of the clutch. that will release the clamping pressure on the plates so you can carefully use a screw driver or similar to free each plate up..

assemble and test

used a screwdriver to seperate the plates no change. I did also just post a video youtube link of my clutch. thanks

As seano1 said, clutch plates are stuck together. In between the friction plates is a metal plate, can you separate them from the friction plates?

So between each brown one is a silver one, they should be loose.

images

You also wont be able to move the clutch arm or pin with your finger using the force you did.

does the clutch cable have another tensioner lower down the cable near the motor?
you may be able to tighten it there, and get it working too.
a mates china ttr150 had the same problem. same style upright motor.

I separated the plates with a screwdriver but have not taken the clutch assembly off. Once I get the special socket will take off and see.

I tried cranking up the tension cable but gets to a point can't even squeeze clutch lever (too hard). When the tension is cranked all the way and bike in gear you can move the bike but can tell its still in gear. When the tension is off and in gear can't move it as one would expect.

ok so are you trying the clutch while the engine is running?

if this clutch problem is while the engine isnt running then thats normal... no bike clutch will work 100% or even 50% while not running.. just the way they are..

To true^^^

Also make sure you seat the spring cover (clover piece) right. I had it sitting wrong by just a little bit and it stopped my clutch from engaging at all.

got the special socket and took off the clutch rings. buffed the slug off and it works now. Now have to fix the front brake (out of fluid), adjust the carb (stalls out) and should be good to go...

they said it would never run so sold it for parts. drove it up and down my street..great feeling...thanks for all the help..

Latest posts

Back