Clutch Issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
G'day Guys,

I have been slowly building up my bike and it is just about ready to ride. The only thing left to do is tune the clutch.

I have been adjusting the length of the cable at the lever and at the point where it attaches to the engine but no matter how tight I make it, the clutch won't disengage and allow the wheel to spin freely.

When I really tighten it up the rear wheel can move but it requires a fair amount of force to move it.

The engine is a z160ho. It has been sitting around for a while and has had fresh oil put in. Could it be a matter of the clutch sticking together from lack of use? Or is it a problem that regularly happens with these motors?

have you tried to ride it as is? maybe the plates are stuck together a bit and then when you spin them up they will maybe separate, as there suppose to if not maybe a new cable? or how much work has the motor done? maybe you have forgotten and it has a warn basket or somthing like that

nah I havnt tried to ride it or engage the gears while the bike is running just incase there is something more serious wrong with it, ill give it a go this week

nah I havnt tried to ride it or engage the gears while the bike is running just incase there is something more serious wrong with it, ill give it a go this week
maybe just a worn cable? if not i would check to see the freeplay in the bearing on the clutch spring retainer plate also

i'd give it a ride. Take all the slack out of the clutch cable, then go another 3 turns at the lever. Start it up, warm it up, then paddle it along and get into gear, start riding and pumping that clutch. Chances are it'll free up after you give it a few good revs

My brand new Dpro 160 was the same, sticky clutch plates out of the box. Pumped it a few times and it disengaged no problem

fantastic, thanks for that guys. I'll start it up tonight or tomorrow and see how it all goes

Latest posts

Back