Coleman CT200U-EX cutting out and dying at full throttle (stage 1 kit)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gshowell1

Reaction score
Hey guys so like the title states I got a CT200U-EX. I did the governor mod and bent the tab that the screw hits to get some more top end out of the bike. I also installed exhaust, intake, and the non EPA carb with the correct jet in it from gopowersports.com

The first couple of short rides it did fine. This last time I went on a longer ride and when I would get to wide open full throttle the bike would chop out and then die. I would roll to a stop. Slightly harder to start but it would get going. It does fine as long as you aren't giving it wide open throttle. Second time giving WOT it sputtered out and died again.

Makes me think it might be a jetting issue? But gopowersports states that the jet installed is the correct one for these modifications? Any thoughts? I'm in the mid south and it was about 60 degrees out. Doesn't seem like the jetting should get very technical for these little motors.

The bike also had a slight surge at idle initially but I fixed that by tightening the idle screw slightly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

It sounds like you're using the fuel faster than the fuel tank can fill the float bowl.

The new carb did come with another jet but I can't remember the size at the moment. The stock one that gopowersports recommends is their .038" that's in it now. It definitely does seem like a jetting issue though.

Latest posts

Back