Comparing a YZ80 to a Pitpro 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeby

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just had a mate down on the weekend and he brought his Yamaha and we swapped rides for a bit. First thing I noticed was the beautiful suspension on the YZ80, it's just perfect, especially when combined with that extra seat height, it's a joy to ride. My Pitpro isn't bad but it feels a lot rougher now. Another (rather embarrassing) thing is that I couldn't stop stalling the Yammy because I was used to the Pitpro four stroke which has that pulling power down low, the two stroke just needed some more revs to get going. That brings me to my next point. We were riding on a tight 50s type of track and it was hard to get the YZ going because there's no space to rev in to that powerband, which makes all the difference on a two stroker. It was here that the Pitpro was a lot more fun to blast around on. Later we went for more trail type riding with long straights and you could see the YZ was really suited for it. Once he hit the band the YZ would just go for it. I could keep up but I could tell the Pitpro wasn't happy.

So basically

YZ80 Pros
  • fantastic suspension
  • very comfortable
  • Yamaha quality and reliability
  • Powerful engine

Cons
  • peaky engine
  • unsuited to a tight track

Pitpro 140 Pros
  • heaps of power down low
  • suspension that does the job
  • huge fun factor
  • cheap

Cons
  • Chinese feel
  • Rough and uncomfortable after awhile
  • massive engine braking

That's all I can think of for now

Cheers

Track probably wasn't too tight for it at all, just you don't know how to keep a two stroke in band. ;)

A yz80 is completely different to a pitbike. Your 140 has no chance in keeping up as the yz80 would make almost double the horse power the Lifan 140 would. And every small bore 2 stroke requires a lot of clutch work around tracks.

DAH, y do they say a yz 80 is a MOTORCROSS bike? even around the a tighter track you should be able to give it some decent revs. but yeh sometimes on tight track it is much better to just hav good throttle respnse in the 4 stroke.

Pascal, have you ever ridden a YZ??? Someone who knows how to ride a 2-stroke would blitz on any track tight or loose. Its a different kettle of fish between the two. I'm sure Squeeby with a bit of practice would get used to it :)

yes.. sadly he is.:( Pascal. dont post if you have no background knowledge on the matter in hand!!!

That would mean he couldn't even post a thread on how to tie his shoe laces dude

lol pascal just got owned in this thread an what every one just said i agree with a yz80 on a tight track should dominate the 140 like meko said some one that knows how to ride a 2stroke an use the clutch right will blitz it

but after your ride the yz80 a few more times squeeby you get the hang of it an understand what we mean

oh why in cons did you write peaky engine shouldnt that be in pro's

i hav ridden a yz 80.. mi friend owns one, but it was before i had rlly ridden a bike so i didn't rlly know how 2 ride or about powerband or anything, pretty powerful bikes.

oath there powerfull mine has a severe tendany to lift when not humping the tank or in 50s brotherhoods1#'s case skipping powerband in first gear to pinnin 2nd and almost shitting his pant .Divy is right you should have no problems with stalling or power delay on a yz80 if you fan the clutch appropriatley in tight sections.A yz80 or 85 does not really compare really at all with a changa or most pitbikes in that case of course the suspension will be plusher than a pitpro.The two really should not be compared as they are two different styles of bikes but never the less..

i hav ridden a yz 80.. mi friend owns one, but it was before i had rlly ridden a bike so i didn't rlly know how 2 ride or about powerband or anything, pretty powerful bikes.

Dude, Stop with the lies, your feet wouldnt even touch the footpegs let alone the ground fool, Im starting to dought you even have a penis.

lol, no the small wheel has a seat height of about 80cm which is like 5 more than a mini.. i've only been riding since january u reaslise, i rode the yz80 or 85 watever it was during the summer holidays at his xmas party. he has a farm in the Grampians, a 27acre piece of land.
is that specific enouhg Franky or do u have to ring mi friend up?

The yz should kill the pitpro. The pitpro might win on top end but not on take off soon as band kicks in no fourstroke pitbike will keep with it. I just jumped from a pitpro to a yz125 and the power differnce is huge. Once ur in band race changing the fronts up 2,3,4. And it would take at least a day or two to get the feel of using the bike and learing the gears and clutch = ]

Last edited:
yeah, me and squeeby swapped bikes, i actually bought a pitpro after riding his bike, the bikes are both quite different but both are still heaps of fun

Haha sorry guys gotta admit I'm not used to the 2-stroke motorcross bikes. Was only writing to give you my impressions of the two, extremely different, bikes. And yep, peaky engines can be great fun ;) But if you don't believe this track is tight come and have a look at it haha. Akim can back me up on that. I know what you mean about keeping it in the band but I was just getting used to height, let alone clutch and throttle control lol.

oath there powerfull mine has a severe tendany to lift when not humping the tank or in 50s brotherhoods1#'s case skipping powerband in first gear to pinnin 2nd and almost shitting his pant .Divy is right you should have no problems with stalling or power delay on a yz80 if you fan the clutch appropriatley in tight sections.A yz80 or 85 does not really compare really at all with a changa or most pitbikes in that case of course the suspension will be plusher than a pitpro.The two really should not be compared as they are two different styles of bikes but never the less..

haha yeh i was takin it easy at first but then i thought fark it if i break it ill pay 4 it ( i had only riddin it once b4)....yz80-85 hav alot more power then most pitbikes not sayin all coz some hav had alot of moneu pumped into them lol....definatley the 2 should not b compared... i think this reveiw was silly

i raced my 138cc DHZ (actually 127cc) against a 04 mdl rm80 down at wells rd track (a.k.a frankston track)

I was on the pit bike, my mate on his 80.. Coming round the track to start my 5th lap, and my mate overlapped me for the 2nd time.. lol..

But he does race for KTM.. and im just some shit kicker on a $700 chinese bike.. LMFAO!

i did own a yz80 it ant the bike its the rider if ucant ride it dont blame it on the bike
learn to ride it than it will all go good

Latest posts

Back