Comparing a YZ80 to a Pitpro 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think weight is a problem on an 85 2stroke.. my mate is around 100kg nd he only just kept up with me on my old orion 125!! he had to keep the revs up to keep it in band and it needs 3 rebuilds in the time my orion needed 1!!
there is an upside of an 85, they are japanese and chinese is nothing when it comes to quality..

pascal u loser u dont know anything about 2 strokes u loser. just go ride ure little foxico super shit and get roosted.

I remember the first time I rode a two stroke (my neighbours RM 80) I found the power band confusing but we had alota fun on that bike untill it died. hehe good memories...

2 strokes are good for spastic power, over all 2 strokes have a shorter life span. 4 strokes you can ride for longer and its not going to need a much repairs as the 2 stroke would. i wouldnt worry about an 80cc. if you have had a pit bike. 125cc+. get a cr 125 at least if your going to get a 2ey.

ive had a rm 50 cr 80, ttr 350, honda spada 250 "road bike" gsxr 600 06 "road bike" pit pro 138cc. in order from when i was a toddler to now..

my memories of the 2 strokes wer taking it to the shop every 5 hours.
my pir pro i flog the hell out of.. if you cant decide.

get a 4stroke. depending on your height and weight. a ttr 250 would be good step up from a pit pro or simular bike.....

2 strokes are allways going to be faster, but at a cost.... repairs and less riding time.

4 strokes are more reliable, a tad slower. use less fuel. sound better. and have better tech in the engine....

your choice....

i am a 4 stroke man

i think weight is a problem on an 85 2stroke.. my mate is around 100kg nd he only just kept up with me on my old orion 125!! he had to keep the revs up to keep it in band and it needs 3 rebuilds in the time my orion needed 1!!
there is an upside of an 85, they are japanese and chinese is nothing when it comes to quality..

Sorry buy your 7-8hp orion doesn't compare to a 80-85 cc high performance 23-25hp 2 stroke engine. Any small bore 2 stroke (50cc-200cc) requires you to keep the revs up as these engines have crap all bottom end power and make all their power in the mid range to top end (2 stroke powerband). If hes having trouble keeping the revs up he shouldnt be riding a 2 stroke anyway. 2 stroke mx bikes if raced will require new piston and ring(s) every couple of months depending on how hard you ride them but the little maintenance and reliability make up for it. When a high performance 4 strokes top end needs replacing it will cost almost 4x the price it will cost to rebuild a 2 stroke.

this is silly... it would be like comparing a v8 super car against a standard v8! obvioulsy one is built for hard racing and the other is built for something a little more smooth and easy going!

2 strokes are good for spastic power, over all 2 strokes have a shorter life span. 4 strokes you can ride for longer and its not going to need a much repairs as the 2 stroke would. i wouldnt worry about an 80cc. if you have had a pit bike. 125cc+. get a cr 125 at least if your going to get a 2ey.

ive had a rm 50 cr 80, ttr 350, honda spada 250 "road bike" gsxr 600 06 "road bike" pit pro 138cc. in order from when i was a toddler to now..

get a 4stroke. depending on your height and weight. a ttr 250 would be good step up from a pit pro or simular bike.....

2 strokes are allways going to be faster, but at a cost.... repairs and less riding time.

4 strokes are more reliable, a tad slower. use less fuel. sound better. and have better tech in the engine....

your choice....

i am a 4 stroke man

Oh man i am with you all the way.

2 Strokes should be banned for noise pollution because they sound so crap.

Half the reason the GP moved over to 4 strokes it because they aren't going to just seize up down the middle of the straight pulling 300kp/h... this sorta thing cause death.

your choice....

i am a 4 stroke man

2 strokes are slightly slower in speed comparing a 250f to a 250 2t, its just the 250 2t will have more bottom end, mid range and top end power, the 250 2t will get there a whole lot quicker and then the 250f will slowly pass the 250 when its maxing out.
I don't know why you think that 4 strokes are more reliable when they have more moving parts, rev just as high and hard as a 2 stroke and run a shit load hotter then a 2 stroke resulting in more frequent oil changes. And then you have your valves what need adjusting every 10 hours if raced. On a 2 stroke your replacing your ring(s) every 6 months or so if your only trail riding and they are only usually around $30 a ring and take about 1 hour at the most to change. You must of had a very unreliable 2 stroke to be taking it to the bike shop to get repairs. I have seen more broken or blown up 4 strokes then I have 2 strokes and when 4 strokes brake expect to pay your life savings to get it repaired where as a 2 stroke will and can run with a thrashed out engine with no compression.... I would like to see a 4 stroke being able to do that.
And theres nothing what sounds better then a 250 2 stroke;) :D :D

Last edited:
Motoluver you need to wake up dude.

In the past i have seen you give some good advice and make some good statements but this time i think you are talking some major shit and obviously have no REAL experience on the subject.

Why do you think that 4 strokes are way more common on the road because they have more torque and they are more reliable because when your on the road you do some serious Kms and you need reliability.

Now i know everybody pull i have a mechanic friend card but i do he worked for 20 years in various shops on road bikes and dirt bikes alike and one particular thing i can remember that he told me is that 2 strokes are way less reliable and the sound of a 2 stroke is painfully horrible similar to the sound of someone farting into a tin can if you ask me.

Some of the main issues that 2 Strokes have is dropping oil, seizing and being more demanding when it comes to maintenance.

I can see that 2 stokes have their place in the world and they shouldn't be forgotten all together but they aren't "good" as a 4 stroke.

ppl stop saying 2 strokes sound shit 4 strokes sound better its all up 2 what u think! so u dont need to rasie that in every post.

Lol I am talking Motocross bikes not road bikes. And you have to be kidding to think a 2 stroke motocross bike requires more maintenance then 4 stroke motocross bikes. Imo 2 strokes sound better then 4 strokes. I am more of a fan of 2 strokes but I still love thumpers.

im more of a fan of 2 bangers aswell only bcoz i like being different to others and not as many people of 2 strokes and i like the sound:):):) but i got no clue about the maintenance of either lol

Well that was the main issue i was really getting at more the maintenance and reliability of the engines rather than the sound.

i just like 4 strokes more. its my thing. i dont know what other think

Ey if a 2-stoke has double the firings, why doesn't it have better acceleration and top end?

2 strokes Last for ages as long as you use top oils and always have a clean air filter clean fuel normal maintance And go a lot harder than 4-strokes besides the newer jap 4s from 2003-to now they go hard but a rebuild will set you back a grand or 2. With a 2-stroke full rebuilt will cost u 700 if that.:D

You didn't really answer my question Aztech...you just told me how to maintain a 2-stroke. I wanna know why they don't have more power at both ends of the power band.

but with all respects guys iv seen a race between a bloke on a pit pro vs a load of 250f s an he come 3rd between about 30 riders fair enouth they cained him up on the straight but due to the short wheelbase of the pit pro he slaughtered the 250s round corners i think it all gos down to riders at the end of the day u ask any good racer and they would tell you that ;)

Latest posts

Back