Coolum Mx/MA $10 Come and Try Day 9th Sep

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
Hey Guys, the mini track is done and Motorcycle Australia is coming to the party! We're having an official Minibike ride day under MA license, unfortunately it is "full" gear but its only $10 for a days riding which is awesome value!

Here's the write up.

Suncoast JMC are holding a Come and Try day for Fast 50's on our Mini track.
This day is for riders that haven't previously held an MA licence.
Full protective gear is required but we will allow mini boots.
Maximum 12-14" wheels.
Juniors 12yrs and over welcome if accompanied by their parent.

Come and join the fun!!!

Thank you to MQ for their support!

Do your absolute best to get here guys, we need to show MA that there is still plenty of life in the mini scene yet!
2002d561031fdbd7c7adad63266efb9b.jpg

Last edited:
I spend more than $10 at Maccas

That's great value to ride a proper mini track

Well done for getting that up and going mate , hats off to you :congrats:

Na this one wasn't us mate, pretty sure its the coolum mx president, Matt Holiday. I dare say I'll be there to be a Marshall though, cut my teeth on this MA official business. Lol:hidesbehindsofa:

Ah yeah he's a good guy , super motivated
He ran one of the best race series Australia has had
He purpose built mini tracks for everyone to race on and ran a lot of races

With him onboard the mini scene is winning

Post some pics of the day buddy

Sounds like a fun day!
Yeah HRI series in Qld back in the day , were so much fun!

Let us know when you got a free weeknd.
Good fun going riding

The day and track was perfect mate! Its just a damn pity hardly anyone showed up! [emoji34]
For the people who did turn up, they got the chance to get a discounted club membership for the rest of the year, plus a free MA license for the rest of the year. That means they could ride the track every week if they wanted to!

Its a pretty **** effort by most if you ask me, because its now going to be a serious up hill battle to get a big event put on at the track.

Anyways!

Other than that mate it was an awesome day, 50rider was flying all day on his klx, and there was a few other fast dudes I've never seen before!
ac3d9e3b8f34f1ecdf6991bc1ee596c3.jpg
14e0667086e4ab7a9923fb4bab70bf89.jpg
b3b20e04939b66dee45b1b8011d5d3b6.jpg
ae00ed3dec665fe9713eeacb2f900fa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks to hear
Your spot on though , if people don't support a $10 ride day they won't be rushing , if at all to hold an event
It's hard too understand when qld has all the cool stuff for minis , and aren't getting the numbers to support unreal clubs like Sunshine Coast and fort Lytton ?

Stevo looking the goods out there , it's good to see him out there shredding

Cheers for the pics

Did you turn some laps and have some fun ?

Looks like a good day apart from the poor turnout.

Sucks to hear Cordogs but been happening for years. Main thing that killed VCM is it cost $150 a day to race. Your prices are awesome!!

No, as MA clerks we're only allowed to operate with a certain amount of people under us and I thought there was going to be about 50 riders so I would of needed to be watching full time with one other clerk. So I never bothered loading up the bikes.[emoji19]

Yeah its a bloody shame Motorman, we cant really do much more either? They built a track, got rock bottom fee's, basically handed out free licences and still no show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for if you build it they will come.

Nothing else you can do mate. Just keep advertising through social media and MR facebook and hopefully you drum some more people up next time around.

Your doing the right thing by posting your pics and videos of the day
The track looks real fast and flowy
People don't seem to go until they see how good it is and then they will go the next time

So much for if you build it they will come.

Nothing else you can do mate. Just keep advertising through social media and MR facebook and hopefully you drum some more people up next time around.

That's true!
takes time to drum up support interest, to be popular enough so people in general take you seriously.

- All want something for Northing! -
evan though its cheap and seams good value! only seams to make people think well I'm special person and they exempt! as I know some fella , or maybe facebook friends. lol

I find it hard to just get reply message from people in general conversion. Its sad coz there so meny ways to talk with people now days! only seams its just an other way to let you down.

Most people want to race too , don't like idea of social ride day. Me I just love going riding so both good I reckon.

A lot of people pre entered for greef event! Only to have it get rained out , I haven't herd of anyone getting a refund of there entry fee yet. No sign of anther event. Them fellas only ran one event so far before hand. then get bad run with weather.
So that doesn't help anyone keep being keen on turning up! to any event really id reckon

I remember 50% mx club down Vic. them fellas built pretty cool track and ran 3 or 4 events. I drove 16hours one way to get there me with few mates couple of times. Had a great time.
they offered member tickets or something like that. were you got key to gate and could ride any day of week you liked at the track! for like $60 for year. ( not shore on $$ now but it was cheap ) . Then I remember talking to the main guy there asking about it! telling me then he was frustrated as he only sold like 3 and one of them was fella from NSW. club stopped after that due to lack of interest

From Pictures ive seen track looks fun! be great to see Events going on there.
keep up good work Cordogs , sucks to here didn't take bikes as thought be heap people there , turned out could of road anyhow! Know you take some great action photos! So like georgalis saying I think that help a lot as well

Latest posts

Back