Country nsw compound

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doyle#23

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at building a pitbike compound in a small town called Hay in NSW. It's my home town in I currently live in wagga wagga. I'm looking to see how much interest there is on building a compound and any ideas or plans are more than welcome, looking to hold races for nsw and Vic riders if the compound is built. I have endless amounts of access to earthmoving equipment, ramp building Gear etc so get together and have a think if your keen! Hay is located 4hrs north of melb and 8hrs west of syd, big drive for some but well worth the drive for a good ride with camping available on track!

James

Sounds like lots of fun!.
Haven your own minibike track to go riden everyweekd :)

Sounds like a sweet idea James! Id highly suggest talking to your local council before making any 'race days' or comps. public liability may not be in your favour. Just a heads up..

Im in Melbourne, but would come up for the occasional weekend gathering, should things take off. Keep us posted mate! Good luck with the endevour!

Cheers lads, the old girl works for the council so I'll pull some strings, I'm looking to build a neat sx track and a freestyle compound with two ramps and a foam pit if possible.

That attitude wont get you far.. ^

Try this approach
'If I come help build all that stuff, can I ride there?'

Noone likes a freeloader.

That attitude wont get you far.. ^

Try this approach
'If I come help build all that stuff, can I ride there?'

Noone likes a freeloader.

Well said! :banana:

Whats the 4wding like up there!? no mini bike currently, bar the z50.. so the zuki would make an apperence :D

The track building will start over the Chrissy holidays and free style after that, the tracks on the bank of the bidgee so I've got watering all shorted, as for 4x4, very good out there through the river bends with unreal camping,fishing and skiing etc, the compound will be located on our town farm, I'm looking for this type of interest lads so keep up the good work/ideas! Need track plans/layouts if possible

some track layout images to get the brains ticking...

2010_track_map.jpg

dirtlayout.jpg

09-10-TRACK-MAPS1.jpg

2864793-race_1_g_500.jpg

Supermotocross-2009-piste-track.jpg

If anyone knows of a decent planning program, one can "build a track" in.. post it up.. or PM me..

Keep us posted James.

Oh and Paying to ride.. may lead you to provide insurance.. Id HIGHLY suggest NOT ACCEPTING forms of payment, but instead, offers of a lending hand in track maintenance, small donations such as tires, cones, track flags etc. If you accept $$ payment, I think you may find it becomes a VERY thin line between a buisiness and a club. not 100% but its what I envisage.

this is also a helpful read on Track design and layout..
http://www.your-adrenaline-fix.com/dirt.html#Designing The Course & Getting Started

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I was looking at tracks and found the 2011 mini sx track cad, if I wasn't on my iPhone I'd upload a pic! Anyone know how hard it is to hold official races on a track?

Watts the latest news on your track building? Doyle#23

Hey mate, slowly coming together, got to try and get home more as I live in Wagga and home town is 280ks away, starting a ramp in two weeks so that should be fun! How's yours? Looking good! Where abouts are you based?

^^ Good to hear your still work on it man. Take ages build'n motorbike tracks dirt go's no ware seams like!!
Yeah my minibike track going real good thanks :) . Had heap mates over last long weeknd was fun battlen bashing bars haha.

I'll get some pics next weekend as I'm heading home for the weekend, atm its just piles of dirt which will then be moved around depending on the final design.

ok all you nsw and vic minibike riders, need your imput on a final track design! the track will be available for all mini/midsize riders wanting to come to hay nsw for ride meets,

Ideas so far,

- monthly weekend meets (camping available)
- different classes
- sx track to start with
- sheltered pit area with start gates (idea thanks to shearer)

ive been on phone all this morning organising bobcats, trucks etc with my mates and dirts will continue to arrive until i am satisfied there will be enough, I am thinking of copying the 2011/2012 vagas sx track, what are peoples throughts?

Attachments

• 141_1103_01_z+minimoto_sx_2011+track_map[1].jpg
    141_1103_01_z+minimoto_sx_2011+track_map[1].jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-GEICO-MiniMotoSX-Track-Map1-640x363[1].jpg
    2012-GEICO-MiniMotoSX-Track-Map1-640x363[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back