Couple of questions about the new rear shock for PitPro 2008

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
Ok so firstly....this gap! Should I be getting some washers to stop it moving around or does it not matter?

Photo 1 the gap
rearsuss.jpg

Besides from that the new shock is 290mm fits fine so no probs there. The stroke is 66 or 67mm which should increase the rear travel a little.

Now I guess the geometry is a little difference, does the angle on the chain look ok?

Photo two new angles
DSC_0279.jpg

Last edited:
the angle is a bit big,
how does it sit with your weight on it ?

how much higher does the rear fender sit compared to the with the original shock?

20 inches with old shock from rear axle to sub frame, about 19 inches with sag(me sitting on it). The rear is now sitting at 22 inches, measuring from rear axle to sub frame. Sits to just below 21 inches with sag...I could lower the spring rate and I could get it back to about 20 inches with a bit more sag I recon? Would that be the go?hard to take a photo while im sitting on it, arms arent long enough!

the 1st pic, yeah the bottom mount needs washers .

i guess you could try it at that height, but watch the rubber on the front of the swingarm it may wear quickly.

Ok Craig I'll grab some washers tomorrow. Also what is the closest colour to yamaha blue in a cheap spray pack got any ideas?

drop the spring rate a little more i reckon, only a inch drop when you sit on it isnt much really..

Yeah you supposed to run what about 15% sag or something from memory...I'll wind it down a bit seeing as though its got more travel anyway :D

what do you want to paint ?

Painting the pit pro frame! The engine is out, forks off, its stripped, I figured if the engines are being swapped anyways I may as well paint it while everything is off!

i used this for the DS80 frame, and also on the PW50
cost about $13 from Sprints
looks somewhere inbetween these 2 pics in real life

sp519.jpg
VHTquickcoat.jpg

Cheers mate! Yeah I figure if I'm trying to make it look like a mini WR it needs a blue frame! :D Going to take the 150 out of the bigwheel tomorrow, did you want to look at the gearbox more before I put it back into the pit bike? If so I may just leave it off for a few days until I can bring it down. Not sure about tomorrow see how I go, prob better on a weekday, hopefully I can get the pit pro up and running for Pt Gawler on sunday!! See how it all goes...and if these forks ever arrive :thumbdown: The courier company called me on friday arvo I assume it was to grovel....

Latest posts

Back