couple of questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
hey guys,
ive got a skills day (if u dont know dont ask...) on saturday and i am getting some parts but one of them is protaper 'bars and i wanna use my current grips but i have used protaper super grip glue.
so how can i get them off but be able to use them again?
or should i just spend an extra 20 bucks and buy a new pair???
thanks,
james

i dont like your chances of removing them without either destroying them or at least stretching them..

you can try hot water to see if it softens em up but id just buy a new pair

You could also try a hair dryer, just be careful as stuff can get hot quick and don't burn yourself by gripping anything too tightly too quick, you could also try putting something like a hacksaw black down the guts but Im with sean, just buy some new ones, they like $20.

I did this last week. I had them glued on with the grip glue as well. I used a screwdriver to lift the edge up a bit, and a syringe to squirt some turps (or metho i can't remember which) down. Worked perfectly didnt damage the grips at all just go slow clean them out when they're off and re glue them onto the tapers

yea grips are disposable parts. just buy some more

but if u get a small sharp screwdriver you can get them off without damaging them easy

yea grips are disposable parts. just buy some more

but if u get a small sharp screwdriver you can get them off without damaging them easy

Screwdriver and Hairdryer works well. I have also sprayed CRC under the grips to help.

also ive taken my battery box off but mum noticed that the red cable that (did) goes to the battery is sparking!
how do i stop it from doing that and not damage any parts?
is it possible to attach the two wires that go to the battery together?
or will that be bad???
thanks,
james

DO NOT CONNECT THEM BOTH TOGETHER! will not be good lol. Just get some electical tape and tape up the connector on both of the wires and tape it to a part of the frame so later down the track if you want to put your battery back on yuo can just re connect it...

I did this last week. I had them glued on with the grip glue as well. I used a screwdriver to lift the edge up a bit, and a syringe to squirt some turps (or metho i can't remember which) down. Worked perfectly didnt damage the grips at all just go slow clean them out when they're off and re glue them onto the tapers

haha, nice info mate;)

Latest posts

Back