cr 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
Picked up a 03 cr 125 with rec reg today :), i was wondering if you guys think i should freshen up the top end as i don't know how much hours it has done, also how can i lower it a bit without stuffing up the handling of the bike?

Sweet..
1st thing is to test compression (no gauges) but you can feel when its weak as piss..
then take the pipe off and have a look at the piston and bore to get a idea what you just bought,,
you could probably slide the forks down a couple of cm

Sweet..
1st thing is to test compression (no gauges) but you can feel when its weak as piss..
then take the pipe off and have a look at the piston and bore to get a idea what you just bought,,
you could probably slide the forks down a couple of cm
I wouldn't know if it was low compression as it's my first 2t, but the 155 has significantly more compression, it starts 1st kick if that's a good sign.

27y5mpc.jpg

so to test the comp what i would do is... take the spark plug off and put you thumb on the hole.. and kick it over, it should move your thumb.. and push the air out of the chamber

ok to look at part of the piston take the exhaust chamber off the head and grab a torch(kick the bike over a couple of times to look at the most of that side of the piston).... so get the torch and what your looking for is scratches, scores and marks that show that the piston has been grabbing the bore....
if it needs the topend done so be it... awesome bike!
also f you do get a topend put the hr meter on before you give her first start...
youve done well!!!

I wouldn't know if it was low compression as it's my first 2t, but the 155 has significantly more compression, it starts 1st kick if that's a good sign.

that is a good sign, pull the pipe off to inspect
it should have if push the kicker down and have defined compression feeling its okay to ride if it just drops all the way down with no feeling of much compression i would be having a look
tbh i would replace the top end anyways to see how it is (the bottom end) and so i dont have to pay more if it blows out the bottom.. or top

Latest posts

Back