crank case assembly

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldwin1993

Reaction score
hey guys.
sorry to be a pain but i really need to know a few things to help me put my crank case back together (have been searching the site all day and havent found any help really). i pulled it down to fix a pretty big leak in the left crank case (fixed now) and i thought i remembered how everything went back toghether but i have forgotten. anyways, if someone could tell me where and wat order the cogs and washers in the first photo, go onto the shafts in the second photo, i would really really appreciate it. it has given me the biggest headache all day so if someone could tell me how to do the whole crack case or even just these cogs would be a really big help!!

p.s. sorry about the crap photos, i just took them and didn have much light.

Attachments

• IMG011.jpg
    IMG011.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG012.jpg
    IMG012.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 20
pretty sure the gear on the left has a mark were the flat washer sits on it, the 2 copper washers go on one each of the shafts and the 2nd gear in the bunch will go on the right side shaft so the dog teeth can connect along with the 6 holes in the gear, the gear on the right goes on the left shaft, remember the gears go from small to large and large to small on either side.

ok so im pretty sure i have the 2 copper washers and the two cogs on the right of the photo correctly on the shafts, but i got no clue where the cog on the left goes. it has no holes or dog teeth at all in it, and it wont fit on the left shaft as the hole isnt wide enough

is it one of your kickstart gears, when the side case is on

i'm not sure, but im quite confident i got it on now. i put it above the cog on the right. you cant see in the photo, but it has like teeth in the centre of the cog so it lines up with the long teeth on the shaft.

thank you very much for your help mate! you really dont know how much i appreciate it!

Hope it works mate, happy to try and help, thats what MR is all about.

Latest posts

Back