CRF150R - Fitting A Seat Cover?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a new seat purely to change the colour of it, because theres just too much red, haha.
I realise that if i'm only changing it for the looks, then I may aswell get a seat cover to save some moolah, but according to my mate they are impossible to fit to the foam yourself.
He said you have to get it done professionally because stapling, heating etc.. is required :/
Do you guys think it would be wise to get a seat cover and take it to a professional or get a complete seat?
Does anyone know how much it would be to get the seat fitted by someone, and what sort of shop would you take it to?
Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers, Mitch.

Depends ,, are you good at this sort of stuff , ie not a hack and take your time

Do you have a heavy duty stapler?
and stainless staples for it??
do you have a heat gun and know how to use it correctly ??

do you want it to look correct or just she'll be right sort of fit ??

if you answer no to any of those questions i would sudjest you see a motor trimmer, upholsterer
take your seat down for a quote , pretty simple to ask and find out

See the reason for my responce to this is , i have just ordered a new seat for my xr650 , custom cut foam and new cover , this will be sent to me , and i will fit myself ,

i have done some research and think i can handle it , plus i have all of those tools , i use them at work

so i am a lil worried but time will tell , btw it cost me 200 for my new seatcover and foam

cheers

it can be done, mate did one and had a wrinkle or two, and that was without reading up on how to do it. Give it a go and if you stuff it then take it in.

Depends ,, are you good at this sort of stuff , ie not a hack and take your time

Do you have a heavy duty stapler?
and stainless staples for it??
do you have a heat gun and know how to use it correctly ??

do you want it to look correct or just she'll be right sort of fit ??

if you answer no to any of those questions i would sudjest you see a motor trimmer, upholsterer
take your seat down for a quote , pretty simple to ask and find out

See the reason for my responce to this is , i have just ordered a new seat for my xr650 , custom cut foam and new cover , this will be sent to me , and i will fit myself ,

i have done some research and think i can handle it , plus i have all of those tools , i use them at work

so i am a lil worried but time will tell , btw it cost me 200 for my new seatcover and foam

cheers

Yeah I realise what you are saying and its a good point.
I am a perfectionist and like things done properly and believe I could handle putting one on, but, I dont have the tools.
I guess I will take it down to an upholsterer or something, hopefully the quote isnt over $15??
Thanks snitchy :)

Latest posts

Back