Crf150r Header pipe

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
Hi its been a while im sure all of you are missing my annoying questions. Anyway would anyone know what kind of metal the stock crf150r header pipe be

Thanks Dunny

OH NO' Not you again. haha I did A bit of a search and looks like there is a chance they are stainless.
I would of thought the factory ones would of been mild steel though.

im pretty sure there just mild steel,ive seen a few with rusty header's so that def puts stainless out the window.

Get a magnet like what's on the fridge if it sticks good chance it's carbon steel if it don't than there's a good chance it is stainless.

mine gets a build up of dirt and themn you brush it up on a wire buff and it comes up all clean but not shiny,a magnet will stick to mine but not well so go fiqure that one out

Coz i just sanded the hole pipe so its all nice and silver and im not sure if it will rust or not

Ah, that makes sense... Except I would of polished rather than sanding, that way if there is a coating you are less likely to remove it ;)

i used a metal brush attachment to the drill took everything off looks so shiny but i asked the guy at the moto shop and he said it wont rust

Latest posts

Back