CRF50 Clone NEED Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastly

Reaction score
My CRF50 fully automatic 49cc 4 stroke clone motor is not running right, it has barely any power. Starting from a standstill takes longer than it should and it can barely climb the slightest inclines. Just put new gaskets on the top end. Compression test read 145psi. I have tried messing with the carb a little by adjusting the mixture screw, and raising and lowering the needle. The carb was just cleaned, including all the jets etc. being blown out with compressed air. Once it gets going, it is pretty fast, however, I have to slowly twist the throttle or it bogs/dies. The air filter is clean and I have tried two different ones. The plug is a newer NGK CR6HSA with a high performance coil. I swapped the carb and intake manifold from a different bike and Im still having the same problem. I think it may be the centrifugal clutch, but I'm not sure, I have a spare i can try, but i don't have a clutch locking nut puller. Any ideas? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

have you checked the timing?

this video explains how to check it, along with the valve clearances

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

Latest posts

Back