CRF50 Painting Parts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotcocofishing

Reaction score
Hey, I am planning on painting my frame and swingarm and touching up on a few bits.
I currently have a Lime Green Five-O frame and black swingarm. I am not a huge fan of the green and the swingarm has nicks and scratches on it and looks a bit shabby.
And my rear rim has quite a few scratches on it and when I am not riding it is very noticeable. I was thinking to lightly sand the frame and swing arm, then apply primer coat, and spray on some high quality paint, with maybe 4 coats. Then once dry spray on clear coat 2-3 times. And for the rear rim I was going to simply remove the wheel and tape up the spokes and give a few sprays then a clear coat.
I would just use rattle can spray paint. I have air compressor, but I am wondering if it is worth buying a pneumatic paint sprayer for it... is it?

Am I missing any crucial info? Good Idea?
Cheers

Ive done a fair bit of rattle can paint jobs , and with a bike like yours i wouldnt ... i would go powdercoating for sure.. paint will scratch/chip worse then it would be now ..

And with your front brake problems , there not the best brakes that come with the zokes .. you can get a upgraded front brake to suit , but depends if you want to spend alot of $$ or not..

or you could take it into a mountain bike shop , as they use mountain bike brakes. and they should be able to fix them.

Dont bother painting with spray cans mate. You will make it look like crap. The swingarm is Anodized, not painted. So if your going to do anything it would be re-anodize. But i wouldnt bother. Colour the scratches in with a Permanent marker. Nobody will notice. Its a dirt bike, the scratches are always going to be there no matter what.

With the rim just leave it, get a fresh one if you want to make it look nice i'd say. Painting doesnt work, get your Frame PC'd black for sure, will look alot cleaner.

Latest posts

Back