crf50 stocker not running right

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve101

Reaction score
hey guys i got an 09 crf50 when i start it up it runs good but when you try and giv it quick revs it bogs down and at first just thought cause its cold but it does it still after like 15minutes of riding so could it be the fuel mixture screw? any help would be good oh yeah i got a uni filter on it to if that makes a difference

biger maain jet go to ur honda dealership and say u wont tha bigest main tehy got

but it ran good when i first put the uni on it why would it change it started to do it after a friends 21st we had a 50 track and had night races and it got flogged pretty hard after that it started doin it

Go and clean out the carby and jets properley... Then try it again. Changing over to a UNI Filter doesnt cause this stuff on a stocker. Then fiddle the the air screw also if you want to start eliminating causes.

yeah no worries and i didnt say it happened since i put the uni on it i just said that its got one but it could make a difference couldnt it eg: it gets more air when you put a uni on it but no more fuel????

hey dude before you touch anything start your bike and let it warm up, then turn the choke on and try giving it quick revs and see if it still dies. my bike had the same problem, and when i turned on the choke it ran great, so i adjusted my air fuel screw so the bike was running richer and it fixed it :)

heres how another website explained it, have a read of it because it explains it really well :)

Get your ride idling in neutral (warm it up fully first)
Quickly nail the throttle, going from idle to wide open in a smooth manner, but quick manner.

Just stabbing the throttle as fast as you can may cause enough disruption in the flow of the intake that the engine can't keep up - eventually, when the carb's tuned correctly, you should be able to nail it and have the engine react correctly. You'll see how this works as you tune the carb.

What does the engine do? Does it hesitate and then rev up? As it comes back down to idle, does it seem to hang at a higher idle for a minute and then settle down to normal idle?

If it does this you're too lean on the Air Screw adjustment. You need to richen it up by turning the Air Screw IN 1/2 turn and then repeat the test. Adjust as necessary, repeating the test until you have a nice response.

Or

Does it sound like it bogs a bit? As it comes back down to idle, does it seem to drop to a low idle (or even die) and then come back to normal? If it does this, it's Too Rich. Turn the Air Screw out 1/2 turn. Adjust as necessary, repeating the test until you have a nice response.

EDIT: i forgot to add, turning the air/fuel screw on YOUR carb might have the opposite effect than what this guide says.
e.g. turning air screw IN might make it more lean (contrary to what the guide says) so you will need to work that out first :)

thanx mate i will do that and see how i go so does anyone no if you turn the screw in out out to which action does what eg:screw in=leaner and screw out=richer

thanx mate i will give it ago now hows that motor motoxxx you put it in anything yet? what are your plans for it?

yeah just muck around with ya fuel and air mixture or its the pilot screw or clean out ya jets with a needle or a bit of wire if not just replce the main jet

yeah had abit of a muck around with it then i got it goin better but i think i might need to clean the jets out i also done the choke mod while i was there

i found some plastic tapered plug lying around in the garage it fits pretty good but i want to find out what everyone else has used so i cant do that cause this one is only a temparary fix

ok sweet i will give that ago when this one falls out

Latest posts

Back