crf50 to crf70 what is actually different ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARK222

Reaction score
Hey guys so new to pit bikes always had big bikes.
My question is i have a DHZ 160 with the crf50 style, so round rear sub frame. I have the option to change the frame and want to go the crf70 so i can get abit wider. i have the option between both frames atm so im wondering if i buy the crf 70 frame can i just pull everything off and bolt it to the crf 70? what wont be interchangable ? and will it all bold up ?

Regards,
Mark.

dpro 16 - Google Search

Hey mate.
I looked at doing roughly the same thing by putting Crf70 plastics and seat on a crf50 style frame. And basically came to the conclusion that it isnt going to happen.
So in regard to your situation i would be saying just to go to the crf70 frame and get the required parts.
Cheers

thats my plan but im asking what are the parts that dont bolt straight on ? i've searched the forums and no one has actually listed what doesnt fit from the 50 to the 70, besides plastics, seat and tank? is that all is what im asking haha

I think that's about it mate, just what you mentioned. Although I would measure the head stem length and the width between the swingarm bearings.

If you don't have one to measure look up Dhz's swingarm inventory, they will have measurements there.

Yeah i'd say the CRF70 swingarm is longer
So you'll need a longer rear brake line as well

Oh, and don't forget to drop in here and introduce yourself too.

Latest posts

Back