CRF50 Wiring Help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilio

Reaction score
hmm just need some help wiring the loom all back together! starting to frustrate me bad! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Does your bike have a 4 pin cdi or a 5 pin ?
Does the Black wire without a terminal have a yellow stripe on it ?

Red goes to Black w/red stripe
Blue w/white goes to Blue,
Green to Green
White w/black stripe, and Green are for the kill switch

Both the Yellow and White wire's need the end's taped up, and then tape them both back to the stator loom. (lighting/battery charge coil)

so yellow and white wires don't go to anything? just tape them up?

Yep, that's right unless you have a battery and regulator/rectifier etc to run light's etc, or a keyed ignition with an electric start.

alright sweet! I'll give it a crack! but when bike was running all cords where connected to something and it was running good?

Yeah, all good.
If you don't have a battery the yellow and white aren't used.

The pick up coil down below the terminal's in the picture down at the back of the flywheel, how much of a gap is there between the pick up coil tab and the tab on the flywheel ?
Should be pretty thin, about the thickness of a business card at the most. (best spark between .1 and .3mm)

alrightsweet, I've played around with it tested the coil and the cdi even swapped everything around still no spark :( is there a way to tell if the magneto is blown? hmm really frustrating!

sweet! I'll check it out tomorrow! it's been really frustrating tested the cdi and coil all seems well, and as you say the wiring is correct at the moment so last think is the magneto! hopefully I can figure out what's going on!

The reading's off it will tell you if it's ok or not.

Latest posts

Back