Crf50 with lifan 125 questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kprugger03

Reaction score
I just bought a lifan 125cc motor got it all installed but am haveing a few prob 1 there is an extra blue wire coming from the cdi box I don't know what it goes too need help??
And 2 there are two pairs of wires each haveing a black with white strip and a green n both were do they go I think they go to my key ignition but the key only has one black wire and one green wire what do I do?
And 3 do I need to run a ground to frame and from were?????

Lifan 125 wiring prob

Got a question for you about the lifan motor with wiring does ur harness have two blue wires coming from the cdi box but only one actually plugged into the Box??? And for the kill bottom does it has a black paired with a green and a black paired with a green?

Just tape the extra Blue w/White striped wire. and the extra Black w/White and Green back to the loom
They are made to suit a heap of different model bikes so sometimes they have different connector plugs/sockets

Well there is two pairs do I use one pair of wires to hook up to my key ignition that has one black an one green wire or what

Lifan 125 wiring prob

My lifan motor has one extra blue wire coming from the cdi box what is that wire for I know one is for the engine but how do I know witch one is for the engine an what the other does.
Second there are two wires black and white strip and green paired together and then another black and white strip with green paired together do those go to my key ignition and with ones do I use cause my key only has a black and green wire coming out of it

The extra wires can be taped back to the loom like i advised above.
The second blue wire is there for a different bike, the two blues are both connected on the other end inside the loom insulation.
The two black w/white and green wires are also joined in at the loom, so either way around it will work.

What do you mean tap then back to the look cause I thought one blue went to engine to plug into blue out of the engine. Sorry kinda new at this just trying to learn an do it all myself

Like it says from cdi plug blue into blue on stator green from cdi to green on stator and black-red to black-red on stator then there is the extra blue then how do I wire in my key ignition and then I read something about running a ground to the frame do I need to do that an from where

Yes, there are 2x Blue w/White striped wire's coming from your main loom, only 1 of them is used on you pit bike, the other can be taped back onto your loom (it isn't needed).

The Blue w/White striped wire comes up from your stator with 5 other wires they are Black w/Red stripe, a Green, Yellow, White, and a Green w/Red stripe.

If your bike doesn't have a battery and or light's you don't need to connect the Yellow, White or the Green w/Red stripe wires to anything, they can be taped back onto the loom with some insulation tape, so that they aren't just hanging there loose.

There will be a Black w/Yellow stripe wire and a green going to another plug for the Ignition coil.
Where the Green wire meets the coil, sometimes it is connected to the coil mount, this is the wiring looms' earthing point.
So make sure that the bolt hole on the frame is bare metalled with some sand paper so the the loom gets a good earth.

$(KGrHqIOKi!E6kdrUnruBOsPqLEvug~~60_35.JPG

If you run this type of Ignition coil then you will need to add an extra earth wire from the green terminal on the coil to the coil mounting bolt, where it earth's to the frame

images

You can smear a thin layer of grease on the bare metal to stop it rusting and causing bad earth's late, bearing grease is fine, or you can use Dielectric Grease (bulb grease) which is designed specifically for the job or wiring connection's etc

12027861_ptx_22058_pri_larg.jpg

Do you have a seperate kill switch mounted on your handlebars ?

kill%20switch%20push%20button%20style.jpg

kill-switch-rocker-style-1.jpg

If so then you can connect the 2x wires to the Black w/White and Green on the main loom, and press the button to kill the engine.
To use the key switch as well, you could connect that to the second set of Black w/White and the Green wires and use that too.
The key switch's can be unreliable, or the key get's lost etc, so most people take them off an not use them

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you lol so a loom is just were all the wires are coming from or the bundle. My ignition coil is like the second pic u posted so I can just splice into the green wire goin to the coil and hook it to the frame?
My bike doesn't have a kill button it only has a key with two separate wires with male ends that won't connect to the little connector so I can cut the connector off and put individual female ends on the wires to connect to the key. Correct? And last does it matter witch set of wires I connect the key to since there are two one for the button and one for the key? You have been very much appreciated

One other thing I forgot is how do I know witch blue wire connects to the motor since one is engine or does it matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,
use an automotive crimp on Ring Terminal (6mm hole) to go on one end of the new earth wire for the coil.

6mm ring.jpg

Now with the original terminal on the end of the green wire for the ignition coil, cut that terminal off
Bare the end of the wire and twist it and the end of the new earth wire together, slip them into a new insulated female spade terminal, and crimp it on.

spade.jpg

Then you can plug it onto the green terminal on the coil, and put the coil mounting bolt through the ring terminal and bolt the coil to the bikes' frame.
(Make sure it is bare metal where the coil touches the frame)

To connect the key switch to the main loom, just cut the wires on one of the sockets, the black w/white and green wires' off next to the socket, bare the ends of the wires coming from the key switch, twist them together on the loom wires, (black to black, green to green) and solder them together, and use some insulating tape to wrap them up.

tape.jpg

Or other way is to use some new male/female crimp on connectors like i suggested above

But just remember the key switch's can be very unreliable, you are better off with a proper kill switch.
They are cheap off ebay, around $3 - $10 new inc delivery

Use either blue w/white wire to connect the main loom to the stator loom, and tape the other spare one back onto the loom so it doesn't get confused.

Thank you sir where ever you are you just made my day my new throttle cable and clutch cable should be here Tom and then I will be ready to start it Up. Thank you very much. Braaaap!!!

Forgot to ask you have you ever heard of the prob that the lifan motor is wider an the foot break hits the bottom of the motor what do you do about that???

Latest posts

Back