Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshow bob

Reaction score
hi guys, through i might start a thread for my crf build. picked up a stock 2011 crf50 with big bar kit couple weeks ago. parts ordered so far are

*Takegawa 88cc SOHC 4V +R Superhead bore kit,
*Kitaco rewritable Power Rev RW CDI,
*takegawa manual clutch,
*high flow oil pump

still working out other parts was thinking about trying 26mm flat side tko carb, maybe the 4.1 fmf exhaust, two bro's extended forks, fast ace rear shock, wanting to keep it with 10's all round, aiming for 12-14hp will put pics up once the build is started.

hoping the build will keep up with my mates 125, 140, and 160 pitster pro's.

Last edited:
welcome to Miniriders,
sounds like this will be a very nice build/bike

cheers, craig

the only racing was a couple of demo races, no prizemoney, they were in conjunction with mini menace quad riders on facebook.

there was another demo race soon iirc,
sneezy a member here is the SA ride day coordinator.

Hey bud this sounds like a nice build. I think the 26 mm carb is bigger than you need on a 88 a smaller carb will give you more bottom end where it's needed. Maybe go for a 24mm?

hi karlos,

takegawa recommend the keihin pe28 for this motor set up, http://www.minimobracing.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=1901&image=1 but i through the 28 was to big n was thinking of trying the 26 but i do have a 24 on my thumpstar that i might also try to see what i like best

thanks andrew

Wow pe28 sounds ridiculous huge. It's a great carb tho. I run it on my 150 DOHC
What thumpstar have you got?
I also ran a 24 on my thumpy I used to race. It was a 138 before it needed the carb upgrade tho. I'm not a fan of overcarbing. I prefer to run a smaller carb to its optimum before going bigger

yeah i through the pe28 sounded big for a 88 but thats what they recommended, got a old school thumpstar 2001 model has a 06 125 thumpstar motor in it she a little sad these days tho, but i must say she stood up to a hard life.
nice sounds like u have some nice toys have u tried the oko carbs? or would u recommend going a keihin carb?

could any1 tell me what size rear shock will raise the rear 1" to match the two bros extended forks. would the 11" shock do what im after as the stock size is 10.25"

Stock rear crf50 shock is 9"

10.25" would be that extra bit you need in travel.. I don't know much about the 11" it would maybe make te rear be higher then the front as the usuall fast ace shock size with +1 fork kit makes it it sit flat with a tall seat

ok thanks guys been miss informed at some stage through the stock shock was 10.25 (and im at work and cant measure my rear shock) but thanks for clearing that up for me so im after the 10.25 for a level ride height with tall seat

In my stocker I run those forks and have a 10.25 rear shock. It sits dead flat

yeah i through the pe28 sounded big for a 88 but thats what they recommended, got a old school thumpstar 2001 model has a 06 125 thumpstar motor in it she a little sad these days tho, but i must say she stood up to a hard life.
nice sounds like u have some nice toys have u tried the oko carbs? or would u recommend going a keihin carb?

I would choose a keihin carb over a oko anyday

a Keihin roundslide would be a better all round carby.
the Oko semi-flatslides are more of an MX on/off carby.

thanks guys ordered a fast ace shock, still not sure what carby im gonna go. has anyone tried the pro circuit pipe and the fmf 4.1? i havent seen either on a bike and wanting to know which sounds better, guess they will both perform as good as each other

Latest posts

Back