Crossfire 250 XZR Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey

hey man thanks for the links, but yeh my bikes goin good, besides the radiator bending so easily, im hoping the crf 250 radiator fits the bike, and ill get some radiator gaurds, should help alot, also getting some better handle bars, throttle assembley and a magebomb header for the bike, and probs a vortex k10 cdi ignition, plus some small things like lightweight chains new sprockets and better spark plug, the them scotts stainless steal oil filters, along with some fansy other stuff, gunnaush trail cost abit, but should give the performance of the bike alittle bit of a boost and alittle bit more flashier look to the bike, it;s good some boring bits on it, also the brak lever broke very easy, i had one crash and the clutch leaver and housing broke, the brake leaver snapped half way though, and the radiator got bend into the bike, not much like 1 cm, but still, o and the handlebars bent alittle, and the suspention twisted cause the clamps are crummy, so getting new ones of tho's, big money for them which is not fun, and if ur wondering yes it was a fun little crash, hit them dam wash-outs in the wet and the bike slipped out from under me lol, my mate on his susuki 400 nearly did it himself following me, but very impressed with the bikes pick up and go, i leave my mate in the dust on his 400, untill he gets me on an open raod, but of caurse thats cause his bikes alot more heavier, harder to ride throught bush trails i guess, and also a very annoying idea on the bike is how cramped all the radiator lines are, u cant clean them or nothin, they are so cluttered up, also i need some pointers, wat else can i do with the bike to increase it's power, like restrictors, does it have any, im just not to sure with these chinease bikes, anyway catcha later peeps

sorry about my grammer, it's 1 am, and im getting tired, had a hard ride today, abit ****ed

hey

hey man, by the looks of that red dirt ur in aussie aye, nice pics aye, i got the black version, where bouts in aussie u live?

hey

hey man, by the looks of that red dirt ur in aussie aye, nice pics aye, i got the black version, where bouts in aussie u live?

Hey Makka, Yeah I'm in the outback, Leonora, about 2,5 Hours drive North of Kalgoorlie. Very flat with lots of trails, and a "gravel pit", which is basically a makeshift off road track with a bunch of ramps.

Good day Crossfire riders, I thought I'd post my bit of maintenance issues experienced over the weekend.
First of all, if you're riding a XZR250, check your fuel hoses for cracks. I found that after about 3 months of owning and riding my bike, all the fuel hoses that came with the bike started to perish, and were full of small cracks, even though the bike is standing in the shade in a shed during the day.
I ordered new fuel hoses from Crossfire, had it delivered, and it cost me only 10 bucks.
They also seem to be of a much better quality.
Anyway, replacing the old hoses seemed like an easy enough job, the carbie to valve hoses slid over easily, no problem there. Didn't think it would be necessary to drain the tank, as everything else fit well.
That was until I got to the nipple coming from the tank.

Why on earth they made that one nipple so damn big will only the Chinese know, but it's impossible to just take off the old hose, and quickly slip on the new one, with a little bit of acceptable spillage.
With about a litre of fuel over my hands and arms I decided to just let it drain and try again.

I ended up having to remove the tank alltogether so I can get the hose over the nipple.
It seems like they actually had to cut the old hose to try and get it over when they built the bike, and clamped it with an oversized clamp (which broke off anyway) that would cover the slit in the hose.
Luckily the new hoses were flexible enough to fit over the nipple, and I just tied it off with a cable tie.

So if you plan on replacing your fuel hoses, know that there is one oversized nipple that needs extra attention underneath the tank.

I completely agree with the fuel hose issue.
We use Tygon made in America fuel hose that works extremely well and yes you can get it over the petrol tank nipple grab a hair dryer and warm up the Tygon fuel hose and she will strech over.
Cheers Guys.

Also have alook at some Denmark videos they are doing great things over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day all,
I've started getting a bit of an issue with with my crossfire and was hoping if anyone here would have some advice. The bike was going fine, and still keeps going, although, about a month ago, when the bike pick up revs the whole damn thing start to vibrate.
At low revs its fine, but about three quarters through the handlebars vibrate so much that it feels like my hands are going to jump off the grips!
Has this ever happened to any of you, or is it a known symptom of a specific issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Good day all,
I've started getting a bit of an issue with with my crossfire and was hoping if anyone here would have some advice. The bike was going fine, and still keeps going, although, about a month ago, when the bike pick up revs the whole damn thing start to vibrate.
At low revs its fine, but about three quarters through the handlebars vibrate so much that it feels like my hands are going to jump off the grips!
Has this ever happened to any of you, or is it a known symptom of a specific issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hey buddy.,
Is the vibration like the engine is starving for fuel and pining?
Or is there a mechanical noise?

Hey buddy.,
Is the vibration like the engine is starving for fuel and pining?
Or is there a mechanical noise?

Hi,

No, the bike's not pinning and there's no unusual noises coming from the engine.
Although I have to say that where we live, the highest octane fuel available is 93, and before the vibration started I did add a small amount of octane booster to the full fuel tank.
After the vibrating started, I subsequently did a full service on the bike, and drained the fuel tank to see if the problem persists with the normal 93 octane, which it did.
It seems to be getting worse, whether I'm using the booster or not.
Even both the radiators have started leaking from the welds from all the vibration, so I need to try and find new radiators that would fit on the bike.
Do you guys sell the radiators seperately through your site?
Also, I see the 2500RR with the 4 valve engine is out. Are those engines also sold seperately like the 250R?

Thanks

cross fire 250

5. STICKERS

The stickers seem slightly too large for the plastics and overhang and are already starting to peel off

6. THROTTLE

The bike comes with a 1/4 turn joker throttle. I like these throttles but would rather get an aftermarket one (pref. an alluminium one) to replace the stock one, which is a cheap plastic one. I did not notice that there are only 2 small screws holding the throttle tube and grip to the main assembly. One of these has since come loose and is long gone. Loktite these.

Those are the main things I have found. If I pick up more stuff I'll add it in

Performance wise they are great. We hit some pretty steep trails and the bike nailed them They are a pretty comfortable ride, not hard in the suspension at all. I will be getting a better battery and an aluminium joker throttle assembly this week, plus giving it a service, by then it should be pretty much run in!

All in all very happy with the bike. I would like to sort out the kickstarter as i dont like relying on the electric start when way off in the bush. If anyone else has encountered/fixed this issue any info would be appreciated!

hey there mate i am actually in the mist of buying one of the crossfire 250s from gawler cause the dealer reckons they were the ducks nuts so i was gunna really stech her legs when i test ride it early next week and ill also let ya know how that goes. i was expecting most of the small dramas you have found with such a cheap bike but stucturally its not as bad as once thought. i will come on here next week and let ya all know how it goes if i get one

There is the new Xz 250rr, Also there is a 450 one but it hasn't come to australia yet

If i where to get the Double R model, Yoshi Bomber + 41 Kiethy carby

But they are super heavy, They are 115 kilos, More than 20 Kilos heavier than normal 250s japs

There is the new Xz 250rr, Also there is a 450 one but it hasn't come to australia yet

If i where to get the Double R model, Yoshi Bomber + 41 Kiethy carby

But they are super heavy, They are 115 kilos, More than 20 Kilos heavier than normal 250s japs

chop up the frame? and cut excess off.. that wont effect the strength... like replacing the sub frame for a treated alloy one? (custom)
big dollars.. but one off cnc treated alloy swinga!... im talkin 500 to 1000 bucks lol thats if ya got mates rates lol

the atomik fury 250cc is 118KG dry

the atomik nitrous 250cc is 116KGS

the atomik 4v Comp 250cc is 118KGS

china is still learning with their 250 fullsizers, in another 5 years they'll be serious competition to japan

Yeah, its not cheap but it has some nice potential to it. if the Engine and Parts fit on a normal Crf 250 Frame, it would be light and would be a beast. Actually there was a review on it.

Crossfire Motorcycles - Crossfire XZ250RR review in ADB Magazine

but yeah, China needs a few more years before they put out monsters with light bikes. I have a Feeling Daytona is going to hit over the 230cc mark maybe even 250 and they would properly start using them engines but who knows. But they have to be careful, Since Jap bikes got cheaper.

Latest posts

Back