CT110 firmer gear shift than most bikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaBlitzFanga

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone who's ridden a CT110 can comment on the shift mechanism. Does it feel about twice as stiff as any other bike? It feels unusually so, almost as if i'd prefer to use that silly heel-shift thing to upshift

Of course I may have bent shift forks....

i will be able to tell you next weekend for sure...

but my one just clicking into and up gears feels easy (the rear brake is locked on)
so maybe you need to have a look at your shift forks...
or maybe you have to thick/thin oil in there

oil is motul 3100 I believe, their lower end semi synthetic 10w40, not that

It's definately not as smooth as any other bike i've ridden. It's uncomfortable to shift up with shoes on

even if the shaft the gear lever is attached to is bent right at that point were it enters the case can cause a lot of resistance, does the shaft look bent mate or is it sitting nicely in the centre of the seal.

even if the shaft the gear lever is attached to is bent right at that point were it enters the case can cause a lot of resistance, does the shaft look bent mate or is it sitting nicely in the centre of the seal.

I should have checked that first, I thought I did but it looks pretty straight until removing the lever. It's bent a fair few degrees, that's definately why.

Is it viable to try and bend it back with the lever? Would rather not take cover off and gears apart if it can be avoided

Just behind the seal is the guide thru the case to keep it in place, it is pretty thick but the lever is also pretty thick, if you were to try it id use a big shifter so you have some good length and leverage and would be the quickest way to bend it with less pressure over time if you were to use something with short leverage and more time trying to bend it, look its worth a try i reckon, but really you only need to remove the clutch case, clutch and clutch gear, there maybe something small around the gear drum area to be removed but once you do it will be able to be knocked out, but at work when they are bad they need cutting at the case and belted out, and another thing is if you do crack that case your up for a honda case no doubt, not sure if a china is the same. Your call dude.

well I think I bent it back slightly, had to use 2 shifters in series and enough force to twist the whole bike on its centre stand. Don't want to apply much more. It's still bent a little but looks straight enough to not make much difference

It still feels really hard to shift, but it feels more like the return spring is the problem, as if its wound too tight or is way too strong. If I push down on the lever with my hand and then release all pressure, it'll kick my hand up off the lever slightly

There really isn't any spring that would cause resistance, more so it maybe a prob with the gear selector star where the selector pressure roller keeps the selected gear firm from jumping out of the chosen gear, you may need to remove the clutch case in the end to have a quick look.

Last edited:
i have bent back a lifan 150 gear lever shaft from a 30 deg angle and had no sealing issues.... suprisingly

Soz dude, its semi. My bad I had a clutched setup in my mind. I'm a clown haha, yes there could be a prob with that spring, is unusual but were the casing butts up against the end of the lever below the spring mentioned I have seen a bruised casing which caused the lever assy to sit further in the case causing a small amount of pressure on the lever and selector fork on the lever. Def.gonna have to pull it off and maybe have a look mate, and due to that semi auto setup it will def be a lot more springy(no14)and will return very quick, if you actually hold the gear selector foot lever up or down without letting it back the engine is in neutral, I would maybe not be so concerned as the semi autos will spring back very quickly(no14 in diagram,this spring is very springy)just like you mentioned, semi autos are great for kids but really need a heel and toe lever as the smaller kids can't even lift the lever with there foot there sprung so hard. My apologies for the brain fade buddy

Last edited:
No problem. I'll leave it as is then

Next topic will be how to make it go 100kph without making it any louder

Latest posts

Back