CT70 4-speed standard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphigliano

Reaction score
I have a CT70 with a 4-speed standard transmission. I would really like to put the 3-speed automatic trans into this bike. is this an easy swap?, What parts will I need exactly please? A parts list that is required would be very nice. Thanx in advance. PS,,,it is actually a CT70H original 4-speed that my father bought for me for my 13th b-day in 1972. It is original 4 speed and is not a conversion. Could this be as easy as just swapping out the clutch pack and not using the clutch lever any longer???

Last edited:
I have a CT70 with a 4-speed standard transmission. I would really like to put the 3-speed automatic trans into this bike. is this an easy swap?, What parts will I need exactly please? A parts list that is required would be very nice. Thanx inadvance.
the 4-speed was great for a long time,,,and when it was new,,no other CT70 could even come close ever,,,it was way better than any auto trans bike for obvious reasons,,,,but now,,, I have a bum left foot and cant shift properly so automatic trans is where and what I need now.

ahh ok, but the 3 speed semi auto still has a shift lever though ?

Bad news about your foot.

yes true,,,but you can start out in 3rd and 2nd forsure and thats alot less shifting for darn sure,,I guess we must have stumped the tech guys here,,,hey,,LOL.

I think I can just swap out the clutch and thats that,,,will try it and see

I do have a suicide shifter right now,,sort of,,,,but would like to have an auto clutch,,,,if it can work,,, I will make it work,,,,just need to find and auto clutch now is all

Latest posts

Back