Custom 10" Z160ho Dirt Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bike is awesome! I'd like to do an upgrade similar to this on my bike.

How did you mount the GPX forks to the Thumpy frame? I have a Thumpstar with the same frame and looked into getting the GPX forks but they run a tapered roller bearing and the frame uses ball bearings. Can you explain any mods you made to fit the forks?

That bike is awesome! I'd like to do an upgrade similar to this on my bike.

How did you mount the GPX forks to the Thumpy frame? I have a Thumpstar with the same frame and looked into getting the GPX forks but they run a tapered roller bearing and the frame uses ball bearings. Can you explain any mods you made to fit the forks?

Thanks mate, sorry I havent got back earlier, it is the silly season with work.

You raised a great question, which I myself was searching for when I was looking at get the GPX forks!

The GPX forks supplied tripple clamp is for a KLX, so it is longer and slightly fatter.I got the forks to fit by grinding out the inside of the lower bearing, and then grinding out the thread of a head stem cap to use as a spacer with another one behind it. Its hard to explain without pictures, so I'll take some and post them up.

The problem I have now is the the bearings I used are shot, so I need to re-address this. I bought a shorter stem off this forum, which hopefully fits but I'm yet to try it.

If anyone else has experience with this some input would be great!

Thanks for the reply CJ.

I thought there would be a few modifications to make but sounds like you got it sorted out.

I've tracked down some reconditioned DNM forks that should fit straight into the original triple clamps so I'll just slip them in and bolt up a new wheel and front brake to suit new forks.

That's the plan anyway, waiting for them to arrive. Let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back