Custom Mini Chopper, please help me ?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go! IT TURNED OVER !!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;bjm-bQf0lKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjm-bQf0lKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sounds like its turning over the wrong way.

glad to hear you have it turning over,
sorry, i have been a way for the last couple of days.

yeah the computer power supply wont give out enough amps for the starter circuit.
but it's supply enough to check thing's out.

do you have spark at the spark plug.?
pull it out, earth the thread to the engine and try cranking it over, look for a small bluish flash in the plug.

Last edited:
WOHOO!!! SHE RUNS! Put fuel in it last night and bridged the connection on the starter solenoid, she started up second time (had to open choke a little) it was too late to go for a ride, but shes LOUD and idles quite nicely...

But, The connection between the fuel tank and the gas line - to the gas line and the carburettor, leak petrol quite bad, id guess 3 drips from either connection every second? I know its coming out because the fuel line is too big? or the hose connector is too small... Where can i get a new hose and how do i make sure it wont leak?

Fuel leak.jpg

is the hose long enough to cut 25mm off the end and refit it?
a small hose clamp, or sometimes a zip tie around the hose will fix it.

most auto parts shops will keep fuel hose in stock, and sell it by the foot for about $3
from memory some 5mm i/d hose will do the trick

Ok, i fixed the fuel leak :)

But now another problem :(

When it had the fuel leak, the bike started second time (had to open choke) and idled great!

Now that ive fixed the fuel leak, it started (at a guess) the 12th time, then stalled, then started again 2 tries after that, and now you have to hold the throttle open a bit to stop it from stalling, examples of idling:

- - - - - - - - - - - Fuel leak
--- - - - --- - - - --- Fuel leak fixed

It is either running rich, or lean, i know it isnt running perfect... When i took it for a little drive (up the driveway and back) It was smoking quite a bit, and apparently smelled like burning rubber...

What now :confused:

Latest posts

Back